Remove Windows 7 Log Off Button

Hi. How do I remove the LogOff button in the Start Menu of Windows 7 Professional? I already disabled Shutdown, Lock, and SwitchUser but for some reason I can't remove the LogOff button.

I already tried using regedit and gpedit but somehow it is still there and I can still click it.

Any other way I haven't tried yet?

Answer
Answer

Hi C,

Not sure what you tried in the registry, but here is the fix. You can just run the compiled registry edit or do the changes manually.Here's How:

Removing through registry :

1. Download the following registry edit file :removestartmenulogoff

2. Double-click on the registry file and click Yes for the confirmation message.

3. Reboot your machine to see the change.

Or, if you prefer this can be done manually:

1. type "regedit" in start menu, right click and choose "run as administrator".

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. In the right pane, create a new DWORD value namedStartMenuLogOff and set its value to "1".

4. Close the registry

5. Reboot the machine

Reference:

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-removedisable-log-off-entry-on-windows-7-start-menu/

* Note: Besides the registry walk through this link also provides an additional option to remove log off through group policy.

(If this post wasHelpful ("Vote as Helpful") or Answered("Mark as Answer") your question, please click the corresponding button to help others find the answer faster. For that matter, if you feel somebody else was helpful, mark them too. Also, If you have any otherfeedback please let us know.)

Hope this helps,

Steve <> Microsoft Partner

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2020 Views 22,691 Applies to: