my window 7 weather gadget suddenly stop working::SAYING NOT AVAILABLE !!!

My DELL INSPIRON N 5110 Intel core i5 WINDOW 7 WEATHER GADGET suddenly stop working saying :::not available i have been using this notebook for past 8 month without this kind of issue..

My present location is Egypt and i have as well been using this gadget here in Egypt,my amazement part is when i select all other country it will display properly but if i select cairo egypt it will say not available,whereas my friend's own on an HP laptop seems working perfect SAME LOCATION.::

Do not know how to solve this issue
Yup, happens to me too. Its gets resolved automatically with time. And then happens again! :P
KSK!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I think this is a common problem. I also have the same problem. I even get unreliable or incorrect weather report like temperature etc. 

Microsof should have some update to fix that problem. You just have to keep your ms updated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, it appears that you are getting an error message "not available" and unexpectedly stopped working when trying to use Weather gadget. I will help you in fixing the issue.

1) Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true:

• Your current location does not support the Web service that is used to retrieve weather data.
  • In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, the settings on the Formats tab do not match the settings on the Location tab.

To resolve this issue follow these steps.

Note These steps resolve this issue only if you are in a location that supports the Web service that is used to retrieve weather data.

1. Click Start, type intl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then clickintl.cpl in the Programs list.
  2. Click the Format tab, and then in the Current format list, select the format that you want to use for your region.
  3. Click the Location tab, and then in the Current location list, click the location that corresponds to the region that is set on the Format tab.
  4. Close the Regional and Language Options dialog box.
  5. In the Windows Sidebar, close the Weather gadget.
  6. Click the plus sign (+) that appears at the top of the Windows Sidebar.
  7. Locate the Weather gadget, and then drag it to the Windows Sidebar.
  8. Close the Gadgets window.

Note After you change the regional settings, some programs may not work correctly. Some programs and some services provide local information, such as news and weather. These programs and services provide this information based on the regional settings.

Hope this helps. Try the above steps and get back to us for further assistance if you have any issues regarding Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No No No No! Read the question carefully. It used to work for all of us. In my case it works from time to time. Settings don't get changed by itself and then revert back automatically.
KSK!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@SUPPORT ENGINEER::::Firstly thanks for the response,My present region location is EGYPT which is support by weather gadgets because this is not my first laptop in Egypt and i have been living and working in Egypt for past 4 years ,so regional and language is not my machine problem i guess.

All laptop in my flat don't experience such problem,even mine as well never bring up these kind of issue,just arose suddenly few days ago and giving me some headache over here.

To my surprise i turn on my pc today and correct it self without any regional and language settings..
So i guess seens some other people says they do experience such as well,maybe microsoft team still need to find a solution to window 7 about it weather gadget un-constant sudden changes..

As at moment my machine has been turn -on since almost 12 hours ago and the weather gadgets still seems correct ,

However if this changes again i will inform this forum immediately

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Vjay:

I did find out that as of 1/1/2013 and it went into effect on 3/1/2013 that Microsoft has permanently "disabled" all Weather Gadgets for Windows 7. There is a chance also that none of the other Windows 7 Gadgets (clock, Calendar) and other will be working correctly in the not too distant future.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Bravo Microsoft! Not too great at customer service. We got used to our gadgets and now you disable them!  My weather is not working either...I am in Sweden with Win 7, and when i go to the gadgets page it informs me that now we have apps and to install Windows 8..NO!!!!!! I don't want 8.

This is so maddening.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sweden mine is also not working.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 1,437 Applies to: