I pushed buttons, and now the screen a tinted sepia color?

original title: I pushed buttons, and now it's all a tinted sepia color?

Hi, I was my computer, typing, and I was trying to hold the left-hand side shift button. I was trying to type a letter near the shift bar on that side, and I pushed buttons, and then it turned a tinted sepia. I don't know what I pushed, I might've pushed the CTRL FN ALT or WINDOWS KEY but I am not sure. I can't get the color to return, but the computer works fine. Thanks.

Answer
Answer
I have the same problem yesterday, but I already figure out how to solve it.
Like the first person, I also have pushed buttons to create shortcut keys and by mistake, it turns sepia. It is frustrating so I did my research.
I did restore the settings for the graphics like the answers they gave but it's not permanent. Whenever I shut down and turn on my laptop, my windows still turns into sepia.
I also tried to update my graphic's driver but no use, because it is already updated.
So, I uninstall the graphics's driver but my screen turns black. I need to turn off and on my laptop to get in to safe mode and have a system restore to get my graphic's driver back.
Sorry for keeping you wait, I just want to share the story because you might have done the same as mine. 

Now on your keyboard, press "FN" + "C" (Below the C key, there should be an S icon). On the screen it may display any of the following: Gamma Correction, Vivid Mode, Theater Mode, Soft Mode, My Profile, Normal Mode.

Press FN+ C again until you got in to Normal Mode.

If it helps, click the Me Too on the caption.

Thank You :)

142 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Just like to add,

You can probably access your graphic card,

Right click your desktop and select Graphics properties,

Most of the sections have Restore/ Restore factory defaults listed.

I'd say Color enhancement would be a good place to start,

Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2021 Views 44,342 Applies to: