How to Disable Windows 7 tooltips popups on mouseover - Causing Eyestrain While using the computer

Every time I'm mousing while using the computer (moving the mouse around on the screen) you get nothing but annoying popups showing the content behind the mouse pointer. I have a brand new computer and had windows xp before and didnt have these annoying mouseover information popups. after about 2 weeks im noticing eyestrain and headaches. Like I don't know where my mouse pointer is!!! and since the eyes naturally follow the mouse - the mouseover information pops up over your vision - slamming you with a useless pop up window, blocking your vision of what you're wanting to look at on the screen. I'm getting disappointed in this operating system if i cant get this to go away im going to return my computer and NEVER recommend windows 7 until they get this fixed. Of course i just shelled out 500 bucks for this computer and when you enter the id with windows you still do no get technical support from microsft for free - they refer you to the maker of the computer - what that has to do with the operating system of windows 7 I'm not sure. I have already changed the registry key to zero and chose mouseover options to stop and they continue to pop up blocking my vision worse than advertisements causing bad eyestrain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Answer
Answer

Is this feature enabled?

1. Go to Control Panel .
  2. Click on Ease of Access link or Ease of Access Center icon.
  3. Select Change how your mouse works or Make the mouse easier to use option.
  4. Tick the check box for Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse under “Make it easier to manage windows” section.

5. Click OK or Apply , and hover your mouse on another window to activate it instantly.
if yes, disable it. Uncheck the option.
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 17, 2024 Views 14,010 Applies to: