How do I switch laptop display screen between landscape and portrait modes?

How do I switch laptop display screen between landscape and portrait modes?

I have an ACER ASPIRE 5335 running Windows 7 Pro 32bit and am using Intel Graphics Media Accelerator driver which reports that I am using the Intel 4 Series Express Chipset.

Things I have tried:

1:     from the keyboard - Ctrl-Alt-Left/Right Arrow (Worked with Vista) No Change

2:     from Control Panel/Display/Resolution/Advanced Settings - Intel tab -Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel/Options and Support/Hotkey Manager - Hotkey functionality set to - Enabled (Worked with Vista) No Change

3:     from the notification area - Right Click Intel display icon/graphic options/rotation - click 90' or 270' (Worked with Vista) No Change

4:     Right Click and open Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel/Options and Support/Hotkey Manager - Hotkey functionality set to - Enabled (Worked with Vista) No Change

Assistance please,

The man from FarAway

Answer
Answer

Are you saying that in,

Control Panel->Display->Screen Resolution

there is not an option called Orientation where you can choose between Landscape & Portarait?

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

32 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Windows does not supply hardware drivers or the capabilities for screen rotation.  As your hardware or hardware driver software is not allowing the change, it could indicate that you need to reinstall the software, perhaps with a newer version, which you can do from the manufacturer's website.  Alternatively, because the feature is not part of the Windows operating system, you would need to contact Acer for assistance.

If this solves your issue, click the 'Propose as Answer' link below, and vote as helpful by clicking the green triangle to the lelft. Thanks!
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 7, 2020 Views 57,776 Applies to: