how do I rotate screen display 90 degrees - I'm reading sideways

Somehow my Dell Inspiron laptop screen rotated right 90 degrees so I am reading sideways with my head tilted to the right.  How can I fix it by rotating the display 90 degrees left?

************************************************************************************************

MODERATOR'S NOTE 7 JULY 2018

This 7 1/2 year old thread was answered within a day of it's initial posting (as well as several more times since then).  It has run its course and is now locked.  For your convenience, three solutions are repeated below:

MSEng, February 27, 2011: 

Right-click on the Desktop, choose Screen Resolution then change Orientation to Landscape and Apply the setting.

ThrashZone, February 27, 2011:

If that doesn't work try to right click your desktop and select graphics properties, it will open your graphics chip and look for (rotate) and click it and some choices should be listed.

You can also right click and select (graphics options), point to (rotation) and check (normal) if it's not already or adjust it to the right spin direction :)

Bruce Hagen, February 28, 2011:

Hold down the Ctrl+Alt keys and use the arrow keys to rotate it back.

If none of these solutions solve your problem, please read the following articles and ask your own new question, giving specific details about your system and your problem:

How to begin your own, new thread about your computer & your problem
How to ask a question

**************************************************************************************************

Answer
Answer
Right-click on the Desktop, choose Screen Resolution then change Orientation to Landscape and Apply the setting.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

330 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Dennis,

To address your concern, you can refer to Ronnie Vernon's post on September 19, 2010 for further troubleshooting by clicking on this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

100 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2020 Views 650,806 Applies to: