how can i disable ctrl+alt+tab shortcut for windows 7

i need to do this so i can have my shortcut back in Excel, ctrl+alt+tab is the indent shortcut, but windows 7 shortcut trumps it so it does not work.

HI,

I would suggest you to turn off or uncheck sticky keys, toggle keys and filter keys. To do so follow below link this may help you to resolve your issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-the-keyboard-easier-to-use

Microsoft-Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Bikesh,

But surely what Chris is reporting is just the correct behaviour and not the result of sticky keys etc.

Ctrl-Alt-Tab is still displayed in Excel as the shortcut for increase indent but Ctrl-Alt-Tab is also the Win7 shortcut for a persistent version of the well-established Alt-Tab window switching shortcut. 

What Chris is saying is that Win7 takes charge of this key combination [as you would expect - Win7 gets a higher priority than Excel] and he's asking if there is a way of disabling this behaviour.  I think the answer is no but you might know better.

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

Sorry this didn't help.

Try*3 is spot on.  Here's a possible solution:

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2020 Views 6,787 Applies to: