Gadgets no longer work in Windows 7

I have Windows 7.  My gadgets stopped working directly after my Norton protection software was activated.  I've experimented with disabling it but still the gadgets will no longer work.  I've tried several of the suggestion found in the forums - most of these posts are over 2 years old however - and nothing has worked.  Any ideas?  I would love to have my clock and calendar back.

|
Have you tried removing Norton completely? It is the least Windows compatible security program there is. McAfee is a close second.

===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== ===== =====
☞ Avoid a post. Backup your data. ☜

Bruce Hagen
MVP: 2004 ~ 2010
2014 ~ Present
Imperial Beach, CA

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The Windows 7 Gadgets can become non-operational for a variety of reasons. The most complete repair procedure that I've collated for dealing with each one of the problems collectively can be found in my answer on this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

My gadgets also disappeared and when I would right click and go to gadgets gallery it would say " Gadgets gallery is controlled by system administrator" I tried everything and nothing worked then I went to one of the Microsoft help pages on the net and found out that there was an update that disabled gadgets because of security threats-anyways they have 2 things Microsoft fix it to disable desktop gadgets and side bar and  Microsoft fix it to fix the gadgets n sidebar and its a perm. fix works perfect now just download the Microsoft Fix It--there are so many people with this issue I don't know why Microsoft isn't telling people about it!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 1,001 Applies to: