Disable ToolTips Windows 7

I have a Windows 7 Tablet, which runs Windows 7 Pro.  I really dislike all of the little TootTips that pop up when you mouse over anything in Windows 7 and have seemed to be a part of Windows since the very beginning.  Perhaps if you're a new user to Windows you might find them useful, but I personally don't.  I find them annoying.  In the past I've been able to get rid of them using third party software, namely AlphaXP, which made them invisible.  In Vista 32 bit this works perfectly using compatibility mode, but something changed in 64 bit Vista and this no longer works, which seems to have carried over to both 32 and 64 bit Windows 7.  I wonder if anyone has a clue about how to turn these off?  They were put in there somehow.  There must be a way to turn them off.  I know some programs have their own, but if I could I just get rid of the Windows ones, that'd be a step in the right direction.

Question Info

Last updated June 10, 2019 Views 21,627 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

To disable tooltips follow the steps given below.

1.     Click on Start, click on Control Panel, click on Classic View, and click on Folder Options.

2.     Click on the View tab, scroll down to the bottom, and uncheck Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items.

3.     Click Apply, and then click OK.

4.     You will no longer receive tooltips for folder and desktop items.

For more information follow the link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511495.aspx

Hope this information is helpful.

Amrita M

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.