I had similar symptoms as reported here: desktop icons flashing every 4-5 minutes. Have Windows 7 64-bit OS, 2 video cards (one dual monitor, one single). When icons flash, its visually a cascade, going across 3 monitors. Very annoying. I had WebEx Desktop
installed as well. Uninstalling it did not solve the problem for me. I found another solution that worked. No more flashing icons. In summary: The procedure is to terminate the Explorer.exe process, remove IconCache.db, and restart Explorer.exe.
1. Open Windows Explorer. Go to %userprofile%\AppData\Local
2. Make sure Show Hidden Files is enabled. Change Properties for IconCache.db so that its not Hidden. (so that its visible in step 7 below). Close Windows Explorer.
3. Open Task Manager (to be used in Step 6)
4. Open Command prompt
5. CD to %userprofile%\AppData\Local. DIR should show IconCache.db in the folder.
6. In the Task Manager window, sort by application, and click on Explorer.exe. Click on End Process. Make sure no Explorer processes are running. Your Start button and Taskbar will disappear.
7. In the Command prompt window, delete the IconCache.db file: DEL IconCache.db
8. In the Command prompt window, restart Explorer by entering "Explorer". The Start button and Taskbar should re-appear.
Alternative is to do a shutdown /r in the Command Prompt after removing IconCache.db to restart your PC.
I finally solved my problem of flashing icons. I started uninstalling applications I added to my machine. When I uninstalled WebEx Desktop productivity tools the flashing icons went away for good it seems.