Can't get Windows 7 Resolution right.

I was *forced* to upgrade because my XP machine crashed and I had to buy a new computer which has Win 7 Home Prem...  I'm having SEVERE issues on my machine in terms of getting the resolution/font size right. I have an Acer AL2002W monitor which isn't that old. Everything was grand on XP, but it BITES on 7. I've been playing with resolution, DPI size etc. for days. Outlook 2007 - the print is TINY in my inbox etc. when I use the recommended resolution of 1680 x 1050. So I tried moving the DPI to 125 and even 150%, but that screws up some websites when viewed in Mozilla (things overlap and become out of place). The fonts are fuzzy in Outlook and other programs. I've played with the Adjust cleartype thing, I've also checked the use XP DPI scaling (which I think helped a little). But the bottom line is this is frustrating. I've checked, no new drivers are available for my monitor, and I don't know if that would help anyway. Some emails that come in, even when I have 125% chosen are so small and hard to read. If I bought a new monitor would that help or is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

Answer
Answer

Hi Dawnvk,

As per the Acer website the display adapter driver for Acer AL2002W is supported only till windows Vista.

I would suggest you to try uninstall the display adapter and reinstall the driver of windows Vista in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the drivers you may follow the below steps:

a.     Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

b.     Locate display adapter device

c.      Right click on the device and select uninstall

d.     Also place a check mark beside the option “delete driver files for the device”

e.     Install the latest drivers for the device from the manufacturers website

To download drivers refer the below link:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/download.htm

To install in compatibility mode refer the below link: Make older programs run in this version of Windows:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 2,434 Applies to: