Can't change time zone...

I cannot change my time zone... I've checked the BIOS and it is correct... I've gone through the control panel and clicked the taskbar as well... when I try to change the time zone (I've moved recently) from eastern to central... and click the change time zone button, the only choices are eastern time zone... no other choices show... please help me...

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2018 Views 12,444 Applies to:
Answer

Hello mcfinnie,

You should check the following two things to check if you get an option to select the Time zone.

Method 1:

Check if the default location set on your computer is United States from Regional and Language settings:

a.     Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.

b.     Click on the Location Tab and check if the location is set to United States.

Method 2:

You can change the default time server and update the time:

a.     You can change the default time server by right-clicking on the clock from the taskbar, and then choose Adjust Date/Time from the menu.

b.     Click on the Internet Time tab.

In the Internet Time Settings dialog, you can change the default server by choosing an item from the drop-down. Change the server and update the time.

Thanks,
Irfan H, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer. Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

45 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
I finally had to do an upgrade reinstall of the windows 7 files to allow me to chose my proper time zone, after trying your suggestions... don't know why this happened, but with as many questions as I'm sure you get every day, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question... I appreciate it!

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.