Video card id NVidea GForce GTX460, running v 306.23 drivers
For the last couple weeks, Aero turns off after each reboot and won't reenable until I refresh graphics drivers.
I checked/did/noted all this:
0. Uninstalled any updates (MS and otherwise) since it screwed up.
1. This did not help:
UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.
Blur, and set its value to 0.
Animations, and set its value to 0.
Net Stop uxsms
Net Start uxsms
2. WEI Graphics 7.5, does not need refreshing
3. Fails under all user accts.
4. Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and Themes Services Started and set to Automatic.
5. Troubleshooting Aero says:
The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.
6. I've tried tried reverting to some old (v285) video drivers that I know, did work.
However, when I refresh the video drivers aero turns back on, until the next reboot.
Any clues would GREATLY be appreciated!