Display is out of Range!

Hi!

I was messing around with my Screen resolution because there was this site that was suposedly best viewed in a higher resolution! so i changed the resolution to a higher one and pressed Execute or Confirm, (i dont know the exact word in english) and the screen says "Out of range" som i press escape and im back with my old resolution, but the drop down list is still set on the higher resolution, so i change it back to 1440x900 and instead of pressing Confirm/execute before i press Ok, i press Ok by accident, and the resolution is still confirmed/executed in that higher res, so the screen goes black with a message "Out of range" and now there is nothing i can do, i have tried to restart the computer and screen etc, but im lost, i cant get to my Desktop! Please help! i have all my homework and stuff on that computer!

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 634 Applies to:
Answer

Restart the computer in Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key as the computer is starting up. Then lower your screen resolution to the correct one and keep it there.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-monitor-and-video-card-problems

MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.