Question

Q: Saving display Settings and monitor positions?

I currently am running two NVIDIA graphics cards with 4 displays. I have an 8800gtx running my primary and my tv in the other room. These two displays are cloned and used strictly as a primary display. I then am running a GT220 with my other two displays as extended desktops. One on the left of the primary and one on the right. I have the displays set up correctly and working in the display settings but when i restart, the extended monitors are not oriented to split the main screen. So i have to go back in to the display settings every time and change their positions. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed.

Once again

EXTENDED -- PRIMARY / PRIMARY -- EXTENDED
  (gt220)               (8800gtx)              (gt220)

I just need a way to save this setup so that i dont have to change it every time i startup or restart.
Any help would be appreciated.
I wouldn't even mind if i could have a script that i could run on startup that would set it to these positions.

Thanks
J

Answer

A:

Hi JGilbreath,

What is the edition of operating system running on these computers?

I’d like to know if your primary display setup with TV is a laptop or desktop.

Would also like to know if this setup was working fine before, and if any error message you’re getting?

This issue basically arises because of Hardware limitation, because laptop graphic adapters only support two displays at one time. Please refer to the article mentioned below which discusses about this,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973782

Please refer to the link below discussing workaround for this issue to make sure laptop remembers multiple configurations setup.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproperf/thread/a30a3bfd-c163-40f8-98ac-c85b7441797b

Hope this information helped you.

Regards

Yaaser - Microsoft Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,218 Last updated: February 27, 2018 Applies to: