Try the below steps.
1. Click on start button.
screen saver in the search box.
3. Now in the search result (above the search box), click on
Turn screen saver on or off.
4. Now a
screen Saver Settings window will open up.
5. Under screen saver box place check mark on the check box labeled
On resume, display log-on screen.
6. You also have a box labeled
Wait; enter the number of minutes when you want this screen saver to appear
7. Above the Wait box you have an option to select the type of screen saver you want. Select the type.
8. Now click on the OK button.
If the above steps didn’t help you in resolving your issue then, try these steps in clean boot mode.
Steps to enter clean boot mode.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the
General tab, click Selective Startup.
Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items
4. Click the
Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
After the computer starts, try applying screensaver and check if it’s working fine.
For more information visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796 . Also, see the section on how return your computer to a Normal
Hope this information is helpful.
Let me know if this worked.
Thanks and Regards:
Umesh P - Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads/ and
let us know what you think.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this response?
Thanks for your feedback.