Printing from Win32 application - new after installing 22h2 update

After installing 22h2 update we get this new and "annoying" dialog box in some programs.
Annoying since this dialog box always picks up the default printer (we have many), so that you lose the entries made earlier.
This dialog box only appears on certain programs, e.g. indesign. Does not come up in Office programs, Photoshop etc.
Before 22H2 we did not get this dialog box. We see this is the dialog box that comes up when you press "shift+ctrl+p"
In, for example, Indesign, we press "ctrl+p", then "setup", then this new dialog box appears. 
When we pressed "setup" before 22H2, one went straight to the Printer driver's setup without going through this 
"Printing from Win32 application" dialog box.

How can we avoid this dialog box?

Thanks.

Answer
Answer

Hi Sumit,

Sorry to be hijacking the thread here. Thank you for pointing that out, as I had totally missed it. As stated by Espen Johansen, this has to be done every time we want to print. We usually do color proofs first, then the actual print run, on all the machines. It appears that this dialog shows up for every printer from InDesign now, if I choose Setup, just as Espen Johansen mentioned. I, too, would like the option to get rid of this dialog box as the default behavior, so I can more easily choose the options relevant to the particular printer.

I apologize to both of you for inserting myself in this discussion. I hope that I didn't prevent or hinder your progress in any way.

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm Ramesh here. Since you replied to my post, I assume your last message was directed to me. Anyway, you may want to check out a registry method I found that brings back the legacy print dialog in Windows 11 22H2. It works only for classic/win32 apps.

I hope you and Espen Johansen will find it helpful.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ramesh, Windows Shell MVP 2003-2012.
If this post resolves your issue, pls mark it as an Answer.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2024 Views 12,452 Applies to: