One drive disconfigured my files

A couple of days ago I got a message that said that i didnt have storage in my one drive to recieve any more emails. I checked and I had documents from my computer in one drive. So i tried to unlink one drive but when i did that all my documents, pictures and more were gone from my pc. I tried linking my pc back to one drive but i still cant use the documents folder or the picture folders within games like i used to. I dont know what to do other than backing up the files that i really need and reseting the computer, losing all of my configs.

|

That was a msg regarding email, it was not in regard to O365/OneDrive

Restart the PC, once fully loaded, repair Office,> Apps & Features>Select Office your version>Modify /Repair, once the repair completes re-test (Quick repair)

How are you accessing Outlook.com?

Re-post to the Outlook group

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, this is Emily.

You don't need to reset your computer.

In order for us to sort all of these out, it is necessary (just for now) to get OneDrive desktop app back up and running.

Once you have the OneDrive app up and running again, please follow these steps closely:

1. Right click on the OneDrive cloud icon on the lower right on your taskbar to go to Settings.

2. On the "Sync and Backup" tab, click on "Advanced Settings" to expand that section. Then under File On-Demand, click on "Download all files".

3. Give it plenty of time to allow the files to be downloaded from the online cloud. On your computer's file explorer, you can observe the OneDrive folder and its folders/files inside. You want all of the green checkmark icon to turn solid green with a white checkmark. Depends on how many files you have, this process can take a while, so please be patient.

4. Once all of the folders and files turn into the solid green icon with white checkmark, you can go back to OneDrive Settings. Very important - click on "Manage Backup" button, then turn off all folders listed there.

5. After you turn off the folders sync in Step 4, now go to Account tab, click on "Unlink this PC"

6. Go to your Windows Settings > Apps, find OneDrive and uninstall it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 21 Applies to: