Upgrading windows 7 64bit to Windows 10, unfixable problems?

Hi

I have been trying to update my windows 7 64 bit machine to windows 10 for about a week and a half. By that I mean for hours and hours every day. 

I first tried it through the "Get windows 10 now" symbol on the update tray. It stopped for a full day at 32% total, 6% features and drivers, and never rebooted, so I did that manually, it restored, and I got no error message. I tried this again a couple of times, after checking that drivers and windows update was all updated(through windows update and Lenovo system update), but same result every time. 

I then started trying to fix this based on different solution on the forums here: 

- Disable/uninstall antivirus program

- Performed a clean boot

- Disable LAN (Local Area Network), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi

- Disconnected my external hard drive and all USB devices

- Unninstalled (and later reinstalled...) .NET Framework 4.5.2

- Updated windows update

- Reset windows update with fixIt and manuall(that's a long list of dll files to input manually...) (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058).

- Edited entries in regedit according to many forum entries

- Used the windows update readiness tool and debugged the errors found there: (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821)- Used the windows update troubleshooter(is this the same as update readiness tool?) - No errors showing here now, in clean boot mode)

- Downloaded media creation tool and tried burning a DVD with windows 10 and install from there

- Only keep settings and files, not apps while updating

- Clean install, not keeping anything(here it stops at 40%, 25% drivers and features)

- Tried telling it not to download updates when installing

- I once got it to install!!! But it lacked all drivers etc when starting windows 10. I ran windows update, but after that the computer couldn't restart, and I could not roll it back, so restored the system using a recovery disc. Have now spent 2-3 days getting every update and everything fixed again, but it's still stopping.

It just seems impossible for me to get this working. I am the CEO of a IT consultancy firm, I have updated several other computers, I have a masters degree in computer science and engineering. this should be that hard, but it's kinda become a thing I just have to be able to fix...

I did read somewhere that there was a new update tool for windows 8.1 fixing the 32/6 % issue. Is this the case? Will this come for 7 as well? Why can't I do a clean install of windows 10? I have also run diagnostic tools on the computer, and it's nothing wrong with it or it's components. Is it a way for me to get a windows tech person to remotely log on to this computer and fix it?

Question Info

Last updated December 28, 2017 Views 113 Applies to:

Hey Henrik,

This looks like a hardware/application compatibility.

Download Windows ISO and then check your PC for compatibility. When you receive the Install Now window, then you will see an option to Check Your PC. Check if your computer in compatible.

If you computer is not compatible, make sure you try a different computer that meets the minimum system requirement and it is of good specs.

All the best!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.