How to: 10 things to do after installing Windows 10

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

If you just performed an upgrade or new installation of Windows 10, here are some things you should right away.

Details

This article can now be found in its entirety at Groovypost.com
Top Things to Configure After Upgrading to Windows 10

Learn more:

Thank you,

Andre

Forum Article Info

Last updated November 27, 2019 Views 32,560 Applies to:

Wow, just got a free install of Win 10 and I have issues and errors I cannot fix. I am not techie, but can follow most directions, unless they instruct you to do actions that are not fully explained or I don't know how to do.

I did try and get Autologin on my desk top. I downloaded a file, it shows up in my files, but does not work. I keep having to sign in. Other issues exist. I now have NO sound and no recognition of the driver I did have in Win 7. Not sure what to do there. Well, you get the picture. I'd like answers to my Win 10 "fails", in a simpler explanation and fix. It's frustrating and I wish I had Not changed to 10. I will try to fix, but not finding answers. Oh, another BIG issue is that with some instructions they show a start menu or action that does not look like the box I get when I click Start.  sigh.

p3 98se user non-techie
Your website has to many pop ups and ad-ins.. I could not get the site to load correctly..

Wow, just got a free install of Win 10 and I have issues and errors I cannot fix. I am not techie, but can follow most directions, unless they instruct you to do actions that are not fully explained or I don't know how to do.

I did try and get Autologin on my desk top. I downloaded a file, it shows up in my files, but does not work. I keep having to sign in. Other issues exist. I now have NO sound and no recognition of the driver I did have in Win 7. Not sure what to do there. Well, you get the picture. I'd like answers to my Win 10 "fails", in a simpler explanation and fix. It's frustrating and I wish I had Not changed to 10. I will try to fix, but not finding answers. Oh, another BIG issue is that with some instructions they show a start menu or action that does not look like the box I get when I click Start.  sigh.

I feel your pain widows defender just wont work on my pc had windows 7 free download windows 10  man what's the deal omg????