Will hybrid sli technology be supported in windows 10?

Will hybrid sli technology be supported in windows 10? This technology was discontinued in windows vista but it still worked in windows 7. Will windows 10 recognize this setup? 

OT: Hybrid SLI technology
Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Technical Preview testing.

We are not sure if Hybrid SLI technology is supported in Windows 10. However Before installing Widows 10 when you run
reservation app it will let you know the compatibility of hardware and software’s.

The Reservation App indicates I have incompatible hardware (ie. Video Card, Printer) and/or software, what should I do?
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/frequently-asked-questions-windows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

Let us know the update after you check the above link.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. I have already checked the reservation app. Let me start by stating my gpu setup. My system runs 1 9400m G (onboard) and 2 9800m GTS in SLI (discrete). SLI runs when on high performance while the 9400m runs on power saving. Vista supported hybrid SLI . Windows 7 was supposed to drop support but it eventually supported this technology. I am currently on windows 7 ultimate x64 with no issues. The reservation app states the 9400m as incompatible. Moreover, when I tried installing windows 10 beta on my laptop on my 2nd hdd I was only running on the onboard gpu. Will my setup be supported in the final windows 10 version? If not there is no point to reserve windows 10 since the onboard gpu is of no use for demanding applications.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Windows 10 is still under development stage and Microsoft have not released the final version we are not aware still if hybrid sli technology will be supported in Windows 10 or not. However you can provide the feedback in the feedback app.  

Updates and feedback
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now that were close to RTM. Will it be supported?

It doesn't seem to recorgnise the second card and every driver update seems to give a bsod(however it does seem to install)

Geforce G210M (Dell) - doesn't seem to work

Geforce 9400 M G - installed and works

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So now that windows 10 are finally released does the 9400m G and dual 9800m GTS in SLI (Hybrid SLI) work? Is there a way to test whether it will work prior to installing? Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried it on a Medion P8610 with Hybrid SLI. Windows 10 installed new drivers and only the slow card worked. However, I was able to reinstall the old drivers that came with the machine and support Hybrid SLI. Seems to be working OK so far

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey redredlion,

can you tell me how exactly you made the "old" Drivers work? In my System it only Shows the Intel graphics Card and the NVIDIA Card is not detected (unknown). How can I enable the both Cards of the SLI Technology?

Thanks a lot.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2024 Views 1,828 Applies to: