I have just made a clean install of Windows 7 ultimate 64bit with SP1. I have applied all updates, but I have hit a brick wall with the KB3035583 patch aka Get Windows 10 App. Although applied successfully, I do not see the tray icon. After digging around in event viewer, I came across the GWX-Ins events. However I still don't understand why it doesn't work. The events are as follows:-
- Information message: GWX Main: Launched for tray startup
- Information message: GWX Main: Launched by task
- Information message: Ceip is opted in
- Information message: Download pre-req for config/content failed
- Information message: Appraiser pre-req failed
- Error message: GWX CompatLib: Failed to retrieve CEIP markers. hresult: The system cannot find the file specified. Error Code -2147024894.
I have tried watching the process of GWX.exe launch with process monitor, but no entry was seen. I will appreciate any help or tips.