Windows 10 DVD player app was working after store bug it stopped and wants $15 to reinstall.

I upgraded from win 8.1 media center to win 10 and Microsoft installed the DVD player for free.

the store bug broke all the store apps including the dvd player app.

Microsoft sent out a fix for the store and I was able to reinstall all my apps except the DVD player app.

when it try to reinstall the DVD player app a pop says I need to pay $15. error code 0x80072EE7

Is this the way it's suppose to work for store apps?

I'm not sure I trust the store app if it doesn't remember what apps I pay for or have free.

I read on Microsoft's site that the only way to reinstall the DVD player is to roll back to win 8.1. WHAT???? Really!!!

I'm sure the DVD codex is on the pc from win 8.1 media center and the supposed free DVD player.

I shouldn't have to roll back or pay Microsoft $15 every time something breaks.

I do use VLC but that's not the point other apps could use the same codex.

If you pay for something you should receive it.

I'm hoping a Microsoft tech will have a fix or at least let Microsoft know about this problem.

if I could get this fixed and the wifi drop outs I would recommend win 10 to my company an friends but for now I don't.

anyone have a fix

Question Info

Last updated December 29, 2017 Views 176 Applies to:

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The 0x80072EE7 error code may occur if the client computer cannot find the correct IP address when it tries to resolve a URL for the Windows Update Web site or for the Microsoft Update Web site. This error may occur if the Hosts file contains a static IP address.

Please find the below link to troubleshoot with the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/883821

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to  help you further.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

that didn't work it's not for window 10.

Is there a windows 10 fix it version?

Thanks

Rob

Robfly

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem for me. 
App stop working and store ask for money again. If this is the Nadella's way to Microsoft i think is better i migrate to another platform.
Very Disappointed customer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

The 0x80072EE7 error code may occur if the client computer cannot find the correct IP address when it tries to resolve a URL for the Windows Update Web site or for the Microsoft Update Web site. This error may occur if the Hosts file contains a static IP address.

Please find the below link to troubleshoot with the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/883821

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to  help you further.

Thank you.

The issue is NOT with the media library so your troubleshooter suggestion is irrelevant.

The "FREE WINDOWS DVD PLAYER APP" is not working. The damn thing died when I upgraded to Build 10565 and there is no option to reinstall it. Like Robfly, I'm not willing to pay for something I already own.

Where is the fix?

Sorry this didn't help.