Why "Zemana Antimalware" Treat An App As Malware, Downloaded From "Microsoft Store"

I downloaded an application called "Bullet Force Multiplayer" from Microsoft Store. Second time when I run it I got malware notification and following application get quarantine.

App link:- https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PP8733J2KLL

Screenshot:-

Also, I can't restore quarantine "Block Craft 3D.exe" file. Any suggestions.

Hi BINOYGHOSH

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Anything downloaded from the Microsoft Store should already be vetted.

The Antivirus might just be over-paranoid. What you should do is add the application to your exception. Its a reality sometimes security software, even Windows 10's own built in Windows Defender sometimes makes false positives.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi BINOYGHOSH

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Anything downloaded from the Microsoft Store should already be vetted.

The Antivirus might just be over-paranoid. What you should do is add the application to your exception. Its a reality sometimes security software, even Windows 10's own built in Windows Defender sometimes makes false positives. 

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the reply. How could I add an exception for this program? Because I can't open "WindowsApps" folder. Please help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Click on the file in the Quarantine then click 'Restore'.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Click on the file in the Quarantine then click 'Restore'.

It's not working. Nothing happens. I tried.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am going to recommend you remove that Antivirus and use the built in one instead.

Windows Defender has come a long way from the days of Microsoft Security Essentials.

It includes a decent Antivirus scanner thats more robust and uses heuristics and the cloud to detect and remove malicious code.

There is also a built in offline scanner you can use to scan Windows outside of the installation.

Windows Defender also includes a Firewall, Network Security and protections again newer types of attacks such as Ransomware.

So, its pretty robust, especially when combined with other security features such as Windows Smart Screen Filter. I think when used with a Standard User Account, some common sense - don't just download software from suspicious websites or open strange emails with attachments.

Also, keep a regular backup of your computer, system restore points; you really can't go wrong.

You can also supplement it with third party solutions such as the ESET Sysrescue offline scanner and Malwarebytes.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clean-virus-in...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am going to recommend you remove that Antivirus and use the built in one instead.

Windows Defender has come a long way from the days of Microsoft Security Essentials.

It includes a decent Antivirus scanner thats more robust and uses heuristics and the cloud to detect and remove malicious code.

There is also a built in offline scanner you can use to scan Windows outside of the installation.

Windows Defender also includes a Firewall, Network Security and protections again newer types of attacks such as Ransomware.

So, its pretty robust, especially when combined with other security features such as Windows Smart Screen Filter. I think when used with a Standard User Account, some common sense - don't just download software from suspicious websites or open strange emails with attachments.

Also, keep a regular backup of your computer, system restore points; you really can't go wrong.

You can also supplement it with third party solutions such as the ESET Sysrescue offline scanner and Malwarebytes.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clean-virus-in...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Hello sir, I got this application's free premium license from 'sharewareonsale.com' officially. It is not a pirated application. Thanks for your valuable reply. Following your suggestions. :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not saying it is, but its likely not going to be permanent. I would also try uninstall it temporarily and see if your app that you downloaded from the Store works.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2024 Views 528 Applies to: