When trying to log in to the store, a grey box appears for s few seconds and then disappears.

Original Title: Windos 10 store - logging in

When trying to log in to the store, a grey box appears for s few seconds and then disappears.

No matter what I do this happens and it means that I can't download apps etc. and as it is not my laptop I would love to fix this issue

Note: when trying to sign in through the work/school option it loads up fine (but stull unable to sign in as my account is neither)

Have tried to wipe store data etc. but nothing has worked, please help!

Hi Jackie,

I appreciate your efforts. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Corrupt Windows Store App.

2. Conflict between third party applications.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:
If the issue persists,
I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us  

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2020 Views 946 Applies to: