SURFACE PLUS ( for business & personal)

Hello everybody!

Context: iMac user for over 5 years and MacBook pro user for over 15. It has been 15 years I don't own neither use Microsoft. 

I wanted to buy Surface Studio but I was super interested in getting it through Surface Plus for Business since I am a sole proprietor. Despite I have the money to pay for the device upfront  the idea of upgrading was super appealing to me

I am 762 in Credit Karma and have 2 credit cards - reputable and hard to get ones.

I applied for both Surface Plus for Business and the regular one and on both cases I was denied. I totally don't understand it since I have very good credit. I got an email from Klarna saying I was denied, but without no more explanations. They encouraged me to talk to Microsoft, which I did, and them MS told me to talk to Klarna ( thanks for sending me from one place to another).

I decided to ask Klarna if I could pay for the device entirely ( since again, I have the money) but just having the upgrading option available. No, they said.

And now I am in the situation of: I want the device so badly, but honestly I was so turned off by the responses both from MS and the financial company. At the end of the day MS is missing the opportunity of having somebody getting their expensive device. 

I am so doubtful now - is this how MS going to react when I have a problem with the device? Why nobody offer me an explanation about why I was denied? Why nobody accepted my offer go paying upfront for the device but just having the upgrading option available?

What I would like to happen:

Somebody from MS or the financial company accepting my deal: getting the entire money of the device but just letting me upgrade. That's it! And also an extended explanation about why I was denied. Because again, I have credit cards, luxury car loan, a business, and fantastic credit

Thank you all 

Hi Santiago,

Regarding your concern, we've sent you a private message. To open your private messages, click on your Profile name, select My Profile, and then click on View private messages.  This is for us know more about your Surface Plus query.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you. I answered back.

Hope somebody here can give me real explanations and, hopefully, a positive solution for all parts involved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We've sent you another private message.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For everybody to know:

Clark Ari is basically saying the same: they cannot do anything and they encourage me to talk to the financial institutions.

MS - don't you see you are the brand behind? Don't you see the financial institutions are not giving me the answers I need?

My last reponse to Clark was basically: stop sending me to another place, give me real explanations and solutions. 

I don't even own a Windows product yet! But is this how they are going to behave anytime I have a problem with software / hardware? 

Now I am not even sure I want to switch to Windows

Pathetic communications, and sorry for the intensity of the word. But this is how I feel

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I saw thanks and I am sharing with everybody here our conversation. I will also post this on Reddit

As a consumer, and as a person who was just checked by two credit companies, I find the situation quite outrageous and ridiculous 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! I'm having the SAME PROBLEM!

Why aren't I getting approved by Klarna? I've even had my Wife and Dad try to purchase and they are getting denied. Each of us have a 720 Credit Score or better!

Please advise - otherwise I'll just go to Apple.

AJ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey!

This is just what happened today. Just sent this message to the MS moderator who texted me privately on this thread

The message says:

I talked to Klarna and they said that when I applied they sent my information to Experian, and that's when they could not verify my information. The email Klarna sent ( and which I keep), explaining the denial says: In evaluating your application, we obtained your credit report from Experian which influenced our decision in whole or in part.

I organized a 3 way call ( Experian, Klarna, and I) and surprisingly enough: Experian just said Klarna did not run a credit on me despite Klarna's official email said so ( and therefore the reason I was denied). This is escalating very quickly. You are MS and you MS hired Klarna, and this is happening

Klarna obviously lied to me and have written proof I am happy to share with you. Also, Experian is sending me a paper report showing my inquiries, so I can show Klarna never run a credit on me.

Klarna said an official from their team will call me within 48 hours - but in the meantime my lawyer is already expecting actions if this is not fixed. Obviously the email is misleading and they are lying

You are MS and work for them, so this is affecting you as well, I wanted to let you know

Thanks and keep you posted 

End of message

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Santiago,

Regarding your concern, we've sent you a private message. To open your private messages, click on your Profile name, select My Profile, and then click on View private messages.  This is for us know more about your Surface Plus query.

Regards.

Hey I am facing the same issue which Mr. Santiago had faced. Looking at this discussion I can conclude this issue with klarna or whatever cannot be fixed. So, shall I directly go for an Apple Machine? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 25, 2019 Views 616 Applies to: