Refund option not available for Minecraft Starter Collection

Not 30 minutes ago I bought Minecraft Starter Collection from the microsoft store because I couldn't buy it online the normal way.  After seeing that I actually CAN'T install Minecraft on my laptop through Microsoft for god knows whatever reason (my laptop is a trusted and linked device, so I don't know), learning through the internet that Microsoft as a whole is an absolute piece of **** that never bothers to fix ANY aspect of their god awful store, I wanted to apply for a refund.  I follow an online tutorial, go into my order history, see the minecraft pack but no "Request a return" option.  So what are you trying to tell me Microsoft?  That I just spent $40 on a game that I can neither play nor apply to get a refund for?  ****. You.

Oh, right this is actually a question.  Alright then microsoft, anything you can do about this to get me a refund?

***Modified title from: Refund option not there***

Hi CaelenTrupp,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I certainly understand the concern that you have purchased the app which is not compatible on your computer. We will certainly help and guide you in the right direction.

As you have already tried the option if using Order History, one of the things that you can do is to get in touch with our Microsoft Store support team and get a refund for the purchase made.

However, let me also provide you with information, which might help you in the future, while you check for apps in Microsoft Store.

Before purchasing the apps, you can check the “Available on” section for the app and check the devices the app is compatible with.

There are two editions of Minecraft Starter Collection, one is for Windows 10 and the other one is for Xbox. You can refer the screenshots below.

1. Minecraft Starter Collection for Windows 10.

2. Minecraft Starter Collection for Xbox.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That's great, however that's frankly a condescendingly stupid answer, given that the link from the Minecraft website explicitly for the Windows 10 version lead me to the Xbox version. This is a clerical error, and the fact that the support team doesn't even respond is a complete joke. I've been trying to request a refund for over and hour and I haven't even gotten a reply from the "live" support team. Do you have any answers that legitimately work or can help in any minor form?

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2024 Views 1,002 Applies to: