Recently, it has come to our attention that a number of users are experiencing issues launching the Store or the Store launches to a blank screen. We are actively investigating the issue, but we’ll need more diagnostic information to isolate the root cause of the issue. One way you can help us is by sending in diagnostic information and other feedback to our Windows Store engineering team, so we better understand some of the issues users are encountering in the field.
We will need you to collect logs from your computer or device using the WSCollect.exe tool.
1. To run WSCollect.exe, open an elevated command prompt. This will create a CAB file and save it to the desktop.
2. Attach the CAB file to the email, and send it with the details below to Win10Store at Microsoft dot com.
Sending the Logs
When sending the logs back to us, please include as much detail as you can. Some of the details may include:
· The approximate date and time you last saw the issue.
· The OS version. (you can find this by entering msinfo32 at the command prompt)
· Your CV data and Store version (this can be found under Settings > About this app)
· Whether the Store app disappears or just gets stuck on the splash screen (shopping bag icon)
· Whether you see the spinning progress icon while the splash screen is showing
· Anything else you think might be helpful (e.g. steps you’ve already tried, wireless or wired network connectivity, hardware configuration, etc.)
-Mark from the Windows Store Quality Team