Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

I just spent over $100 to upgrade from Home to Pro. When I try to run the upgrade it says, "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". This happens both in my user account (is admin) and the built in Administrator account. When I try inputting the license key manually, Windows rejects it and says it's not genuine, thus forcing me to revert to the OEM product key.
|
Answer
Answer
Good day EG_872! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. My apologies and I understand that you are having an issue with regards to the upgrade of Windows 10 Pro on your PC which was purchased from the MS Store. There are instance that this issue is happening and kindly check and try the steps below and see how it goes.

- Press Windows key + X and click on Run
- Type in services.msc and press Enter or hit OK and this open up the Services window
- Look for Software Protection and double click on it, and try to Stop and Start the service or Start it whichever is applicable
- After doing the above check and try the upgrade again
- In the event that it will still not work, I would suggest to reach the support to facilitate the upgrade for you since you purchase the upgrade online and again my apologies for this issue that you have encountered

Via chat: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus
You can also launch the Get Help app on your PC.
- Go to the link above
- Type in windows 10 pro upgrade
- Click Talk to an agent under Get more help and a new window will pop up
- Select Windows and select Windows activation error/Product key and login when prompted

Via phone: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/28808/...
- Head over to the link above and locate the number of Microsoft Store Sales and Customer Support for your country

Regards,
Paul R.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 8, 2021 Views 56 Applies to: