Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition redeeming not working

Today, my friend who plays Minecraft on Xbox 360 invited me to play with him, but we knew there was a problem: I play Minecraft on a computer. I found that the Windows 10 edition can be redeemed for those who have bought Minecraft sometime before October of 2018. Having had the game since 2014, I knew that this wouldn't be a problem. I followed the instructions to redeem the game *Redeem Windows 10 Edition* *Redeem* and there should have then been the code for redeeming the Windows 10 Edition sent to my email, but it never came. I tried again multiple times but never received the code.

Steps I went through to troubleshoot the problem were as follows:

- Tried twice with the email I knew the address and password to that I bought the game with in 2014

- Updated the email address connected to my Mojang account to the current one I use more often

- Tried again three-four times with the updated email address

- Sought out support from both Mojang and Microsoft's support teams (Mojang first, but after waiting 5 hours after receiving their automatic response via email encouraging me to wait, I went to Microsoft, that of which also gave me a support team consisting of robots and a "waiting time longer than usual" suggesting I stick around for a real person to help me out)

- Tried this route of going to the community and have already received numerous negative answers that describe the situation as "hopeless" and "answerless" since April of 2015.

Please, please please please give me a solution in a timely manner, as coronavirus has taken too heavy a toll on my personal life and I am simply looking for new ways to enjoy my large amounts of spare time with friends.

Edit: spelling errors

Hi Gibby, 

When did you try to redeem the free Minecraft - before or after April 20th 2020?

Mark Yes below the post if it helped or resolved your problem

Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not represent the views or opinions of Microsoft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Just tonight, May 7th 2020.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am afraid the Minecraft free redeem offer ended on 20th April 2020.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/out-of-windows-10-minecraft-redeem-codes/05a3d647-5cd3-4f50-b701-04b50df86c2e

Update: 21st April 2020

Offer has now ended and you will be unable to redeem your Windows 10 Minecraft code now.

Mark Yes below the post if it helped or resolved your problem

Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not represent the views or opinions of Microsoft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i redeemed my code in 2019 and tried using it on my pc the same day but it said the activation code didn't work and before that i had read that i could get a free copy if i had the java edition... i got it way before 2020 but it didn't work so i thought nothing of it until i tried to get a free copy today and had the same problems... although I know why this happened (past april 20th 2020). i still don't know why i couldn't claim my copy in 2019.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 5, 2022 Views 2 Applies to: