Minecraft Account Issues

I want to play the Minecraft RTX Beta. I already own Minecraft and my Minecraft account dates back to before it was bought by Microsoft, and so my e-mail is connected to the account on Minecraft.net. And from then and now I had made an account on Microsoft that was disconnected from my Minecraft account. And so when I had troubles downloading Minecraft RTX I assumed it was because my current Microsoft account was not connected to my Minecraft.net account so it didn't register I already owned Minecraft. But as I continue to look into this I think the real issue might be that I own Minecraft: Java Edition, when what I'm trying to access is Minecraft Windows 10 edition? This is strange. From what I see Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is an altered version of the game that comes with a marketplace among other additions I don't understand, and the NVIDIA RTX Beta is only available through Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Am I understanding this right that I need to now also buy the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition when I already own Java and have had owned Java Edition for many years? Or is it an issue with accounts and I need to find a way to make my Microsoft account aware that I already own Minecraft so I can just install it from the Microsoft Store? What is the big addition that Minecraft Windows 10 edition has other than microtransactions and a marketplace that justify a brand new price tag? I just want to play Minecraft RTX.
Answer
Answer
Hi, I am Van. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be glad to help you today.

The problem is not with your account. Different version of Minecraft is sold separately. You may need to buy the Windows Edition if you want to play it. I suggest following the steps on the link provided below for a free upgrade from Java to Windows Edition, though it's already expired last April 2020, you can still give it a try to redeem the free upgrade. Otherwise, you need to buy the Windows 10 Edition.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-redeem-free-...

Please let me know if have any further question. I will be glad to help.

Best regards,
Van

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2021 Views 48 Applies to: