Microsoft Store error 0x80D02017 when downloading since the 1803 update

My problems started with the 1803 update.  I am unable to download anything from the windows store or update existing apps - downloading always results in the error code 0x80D02017 which has the unhelpful description of 'uknown'.  This started after the 1803 update.  After trying all the troubleshooting steps I could find I reloaded windows from my original iso image and confirmed that the store worked fine running version 1709 and immediately after the 1803 update the store stopped working.  I have tried the following - none of which as worked.

Troubleshooter - no errors

Online Troubleshooter - no errors

wsreset

uninstall/reinstall

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –online

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Here is an event log extract from one of the download attempts

nformation    5/21/2018 6:53:50 AM    Microsoft-Windows-Store    8001    LM    "Skipping license manager: PFN Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_1.1712.1141.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Function: InvokeLicenseManagerRequired
Source: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\apisethost\activationapis.cpp (343)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:50 AM    Microsoft-Windows-Store    8001    LM    "Skipping license manager: PFN Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub_1.1712.1141.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Function: InvokeLicenseManagerRequired
Source: onecoreuap\enduser\winstore\licensemanager\apisethost\activationapis.cpp (343)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:50 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "Page action fired for Downloads with behavior Open.
Function: PageAction
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\App\Instrumentation\Telemetry\Telemetry.cs (1039)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:46 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "InitializeMvrResources ended
Function: InitializeMvrResources
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\App\DependencyResolver\MvrDependencyResolver.cs (78)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:46 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "InitializeMvrResources started
Function: InitializeMvrResources
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\App\DependencyResolver\MvrDependencyResolver.cs (53)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:46 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "ErrorDialogViewModel. Context: WU, Code: 0x80D02017, Title(ShortDescription): Something unexpected happened ButtonLabel: Close, Link: feedback-hub:?tabid=2&categoryid=20&searchString=Code: 0x80D02017
Function: Initialize
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\App\ViewModels\Dialogs\ErrorDialogViewModel.cs (132)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:46 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "ErrorDialogViewModel. ButtonOneLabel: Report this problem ButtonTwoLabel: Close, Link: feedback-hub:?tabid=2&categoryid=20&searchString=Code: 0x80D02017
Function: SetAction
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\App\ViewModels\Dialogs\ErrorDialogViewModel.cs (224)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:46 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "ErrorDialogViewModel. Setting default action
Function: SetAction
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\App\ViewModels\Dialogs\ErrorDialogViewModel.cs (198)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:46 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "GetDeviceTokenAsync success
Function: GetDeviceTokenAsync
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\Core\Network\HttpRequest.cs (1178)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:46 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "Attempting to get the device token
Function: GetDeviceTokenAsync
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\Core\Network\HttpRequest.cs (1174)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:46 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "Trying to add device token since we don't have MSA or AAD
Function: AddAuthHeaderIfNeededAsync
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\Core\Network\HttpRequest.cs (1141)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:07 AM    Windows-ApplicationModel-Store-SDK    4    StorefrontClient    "InstallControlButtons: In error state. Code -2133843945
Function: UpdateVisualStateLayout
Source: C:\BA\18\s\src\App\UX\Controls\Installs\InstallControlButtons.xaml.cs (155)"
Information    5/21/2018 6:53:03 AM    Microsoft-Windows-Install-Agent    2006    (2002)    "The description for Event ID 2006 from source Microsoft-Windows-Install-Agent cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1. Try to sign-out and sign-in again into Store.

2. Log indicates some problem while acquiring license.
A. Check the date and time as well as Timezone of your computer
B. Type Services in Windows Start Search Box (Cortana) > Click Services > Scroll down to Windows License Manager Services > See if this is running or not
If not running, start it
If running, Restart it
Best regards
Vijay Verma

Timezone: UTC+05:30, PST+12:30
Availability Hours (UTC) : 05:00 AM - 05:00 PM

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you run a 3rd party Firewall or a proxy server?
Sumit
Windows Insider MVP 2018-2021 and Moderator

Dell Inspiron 5590 - i5 10210U/12GB DDR4/ 4GB Nvidia MX230/ 512GB nvme

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Logging out/in - didnt help

License Manager Service is running - cycling didnt help

Date at timezone are correct - it is a domain member

There is no third party software on this system and the windows firewall is disabled for domain networks

Thanks for the suggestions - troubleshooting this has become very frustrating.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Try doing a repair install. A repair Install keeps everything and reinstalls Windows.
http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2016/06/how-to-...
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair...
The best and the easiest way is to use first method in the first article.
Sumit
Windows Insider MVP 2018-2021 and Moderator

Dell Inspiron 5590 - i5 10210U/12GB DDR4/ 4GB Nvidia MX230/ 512GB nvme

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a fresh build from iso - nothing else on it - but I did the in place reinstall - same problem.  I can also report that this error has started occurring on a second machine - I'm wondering if it is an account issue - how do I get support for those?  I've removed all my pcs from devices for the account and the store....not sure what else I can do

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks to many hours from Microsoft's L2 and L3 and a couple rebuilds - we figured out the initial problem is that 1803 reenabled IPV6 which I had manually disabled due to network problems peculiar to me.  So with my IPV6 enabled but not working correctly I was not able to download until we disabled the IPV6 stack - and then the problem was solved.

Request to Microsoft - tell me if you're turning stuff back on - I turn things off for a good reason.

97 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

I'm having this problem since updating. I have tried absolutely everything so far suggested (after a while it gets frustrating to see the "log off and log on" advice haha but it works for a lot of ppl).

Could you please tell me what "Disabled the IPV6 stack" means? Trouble shooting this has taken many hours and all apps related to store cannot be updated until this is resolved, and my issue might have something to do with this

Many thanks :)

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having the same issue and found instructions over at makeuseof.com (https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-microsoft-store-errors/) that cleared it up for me. I first ran the Windows Store diagnostic with no change in the issue. I then ran Windows Update diagnostic, let it rebuild the update cache and then restarted my desktop. Apps now download and update normally. 

Windows 10 home x64 version 1803

Sorry this didn't help.

To turn off IPV6 I had to right-click on my network icon in the task area, select Open Network & Internet settings.  Then click on Network and Sharing Center.  Once there click on Change adapter settings.  Right click on your network connections and select Properties.  I disabled everything except Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing, and IPv4.  As soon as I Ok'd and closed the windows I noticed the App Store downloading updates.  Whew!  Good luck!

158 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

It didn't work but thanks

I suspect it has something to do with confusion with license management or something, as windows update is also stuck in searching. I've tried all the troubleshooters and online solutions that I've found to date. This is crazy! and unfortunately not the first time and update has profoundly messed things up

thanks again

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 8, 2020 Views 27,812 Applies to: