Microsoft Rewards Failed to Redeem

In the past hour, I have redeemed 3 dollars worth of Xbox Live/Microsoft Points in order to purchase a game.  Earlier today, I had a running total of approximately 13,000 Microsoft Rewards points, accumulated over the past few months. 

I attempted to redeem another 10 dollars after the 3 dollar code, but after I attempted to purchase the 10 dollar code, the page presented me with an error, something to the effect of, "Sorry, it's not you, it's us," with some smaller print under that.  When I looked on my email to see view the confirmation code for the 3 dollar one, I did not see a confirmation email for the 10 dollar one.  

Under the assumption that the transaction didn't go through, I went back to redeem the 10 dollar code, but was surprised when I got an error stating that I "did not have sufficient points" to make the transaction. 

So now I am without a 10 dollar Xbox Live code and approximately 10,000 Microsoft Rewards points. 

I believe it is an error with the servers, and not a user error, but I am willing to accept that I was at fault if I receive the points back.  Also, it is not an error with my email, as I have already received one confirmation email.

This forum is not Microsoft.  It is just users.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 10, 2020 Views 573 Applies to: