Install Windows Store font app for all users?

Hello, we recently got work computers with Windows 10. There are some documents from our old computers that use the Rockwell font – specifically, Inkscape files (a graphics editor like Adobe Illustrator). In order to find a font and use it, Inkscape needs it to be "installed for all users." For font downloads (e.g. those from Google's free library) it is easy to right click the downloaded font file and click "Install for all users" as an admin option. However, the Rockwell Nova font available for free in the Windows Store is listed as an "app," and there is no way to "install for all users" from the Windows Store. The font from the store is not showing up as a file in c:/windows/fonts or the fonts folder in users/name/appdata/..., but it is available for use in Word. How do I get a font that is installed from the Windows Store to be "installed for all users" or to show up in the fonts folders?

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2019 Views 166 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Pacnia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Inkscape does not recognize Rockwell font downloaded from Store. We have seen issues in the past where we need to manually install the font at times, for Inkscape to recognize it.

I have been researching on this and I was able to find a workaround, which you can give a try.

Note: Before proceeding, I would suggest you to create a System Restore point. Please refer this article: Create a system restore point

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Go to C:\Windows\Fonts\

3. Click on Organize and select Options. In the Folder options window, select the option “Show hidden files, folders, or drives”.

4. If you see Rockwell font which is hidden, Right click on it and select “Show”.

If you do not see the font listed, then, in the Fonts folder, on the left hand side, click on the option “Download fonts for all languages”.

This should ideally install a version of Rockwell font.

You can click on “X” mar to cancel download for certain fonts.

I was able to install the Rockwell Nova font and this listed in the Inkscape font list. I checked with another user account and Inkscape listed the Rockwell Nova font with the other user account as well.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/font-list/rockwell

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.