How to troubleshoot Windows store apps on Windows 10, using the Store App troublshooter

Technical Level : Basic

Summary
Throughout this article, I will go though how you can run the App troubleshooter on Windows 10. The App troubleshooter will scan through the Apps, and Applications, on the computer/device to find any problems. Windows, once it has found problems with the Applications, it  should then try and fix these problems.
Details

To launch the Windows 10, app, troubleshooter, please follow these steps:

You will need to click into Cortana, on your Task bar. Once you have clicked into Cortana's search bar, you should see the curser flashing in the box, like in the picture below:

Once your curser is flashing at you, you can then type Troubleshooter. This then allows Cortana to search for "Troubleshooter" on the device and the website.

It will display results (As seen in the image above) from Control Panel, folders and the web. Once the results have been displayed, please click onto Troubleshooting, which should have control panel underneath.

After you have clicked onto Troubleshooting, then a windows will appear on your screen like this:

When the windows opens, you will need to click onto Hardware and Sound. This will then direct you to another page like this:

From this page, you will need to click onto Windows Store Apps. You may need to scroll down until you can see it. Once you click onto the page, Windows will begin scanning your Computer/device for any Apps that are not working correctly, or problems. Windows will also try and fix these problems for you, if it finds them. This will only scan Windows Store Apps that have been installed on your machine.

Windows 10 has been designed to make troubleshooting easier for people, as Cortana can search for solutions for problems you have on your computer/device as well.

Was this article helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there,

This article is intended to help you find the Windows Store App Troubleshooter found in Windows 10. If the troubleshooter has not helped to fix the problem you are encountering, please start a new thread, detailing the problems you are having, so the community here can help you. You can Ask the community at anytime.

Commenting on the article, for help with problems, is not the best way for support on this community. Thus the reason why the comments have been removed.

If you have feedback on the Windows Store App troubleshooter, please post the problems or feedback within the feedback hub located on Windows 10. This way the development team can identify these problems, and fix them in later builds.

Thanks,

Regards

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Win & Xbox Insider

Give back to the community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

7 people found this comment helpful

·

Was this comment helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

I tried to solve the problem regarding my windows store app but it does not work, what do now?

15 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Before I could run the troubleshooting for the Windows Store I had to run it against the System and Security.

It found a problem with the database. Once this was fixed the Store worked.

6 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

when i try to download apps, i press get and then my computer opens another tab for the microsoft store but then shuts immediately. I cannot download any apps- what do i do

11 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

there is no option showing for (troubleshooting) windows store apps.

1 person found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Forum Article Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 13,606 Applies to: