How to restore Windows Store app in Windows 10 Pro?

How can I restore the Windows Store app and the default apps in Windows10 Pro for one user account?  I have a Microsoft and a local Admin account where the Store app has disappeared.  I have another local non-Admin account and the Store app works fine.  I have tried Powershell commands from Microsoft's forum website and from other third party websites.  Nothing seems to work so far and I would prefer not having to recreate the accounts or a new install of Windows 10  or a refresh of Windows 10.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the store app disappeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

I recommend running the following PowerShell script to re-register the new Store:

1. In the Search box, type CMD

2. Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

3. In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried the command and I still can not access the Windows Store from the accounts in the question.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

If the issue persisting in one particular account, it might be an issue with the corrupted system files in the account. As a work around, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Run SFC Scan

Click on the below link and follow the procedure to perform a SFC Scan.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Method 2: Run DISM Tool
I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can reset Windows store and check if it helps.

Method 3: Reset Windows store

Follow the below steps to reset Windows Store

1. Press Windows +R

2. Type Wsreset.exe and press Enter

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Before reading your message, I have tried Method 3 with no success.  After reading your message, I tried Methods 1 and 2.  Method 1 results in a message about some unfixable corrupt files and Method 2 results in a message about the source files not found.  From the link you provided, my understanding is that one must have a .ISO of Windows 10 that matches the current version on the system needing repair.  The version of OS with updates on this pc is 10586.63.  Where do I get a .ISO that matches 10586.63?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, 

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Appreciate the steps you have taken so far to resolve the issue.

If you are unable to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files 

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thanks & regards,

Abdul Malik

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The command prompt to help restore the Windows Store App in Windows 10 was unsuccessful as entered below:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

~ William Prestwood

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Please see attached screenshot displaying the terminal results:

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How can I restore the Windows Store app and the default apps in Windows10 Pro for one user account?  I have a Microsoft and a local Admin account where the Store app has disappeared.  I have another local non-Admin account and the Store app works fine.  I have tried Powershell commands from Microsoft's forum website and from other third party websites.  Nothing seems to work so far and I would prefer not having to recreate the accounts or a new install of Windows 10  or a refresh of Windows 10.

I had this exact same problem.  MS techs tried all of the proposed solutions in this thread, i.e., powershell, checking for corruption, etc.   In the end, they concluded that the user name/profile was corrupted, created a new user name for me, and copied my info/apps over to the new user.  After that, the same thing happened with the new user profile AND the admin account as well.  (My guess is, when the new user account was created it was created as an admin - and it affected all other users.) This time, another MS tech suggested a system restore to a prior point in time - that worked.

Then I found out what was causing the issue for me.  I have an hiDPI screen on my laptop.  A suggested fix for programs that don't scale is to add an external manifest to force scaling (sorry, I don't know technical language to describe this - but the fix is described in a lot of web articles).  I used it only in a program used by the non-admin account.  It worked beautifully to make the program I was using visible/not squished.  However, it corrupted the windows store so that the store would open for half a second (just blue screen), and close/stop working.  So in my case, that was the issue.

Since I am not a computer wiz (clearly), I now just create a system restore point when I add an app from the store.  Go ahead and re-add the manifest - so the store stops working, but my program works fine.  Next time I need a new app, restore to when I didn't have the manifest, had the windows store.  Rinse, repeat.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My Microsoft store is hosed and sfc or dism or restore or refresh or reset do not work for me. This was a RT system that was updated to Windows 10 through an update. Now it no longer says RT but still has RT dos commands. Have been trying to get latest update to no avail. At my wits end here.
Jacquelyn Jones

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 10 Store and many apps including Mail, People etc are blanked out.

Nothing I have tried works, eg.many versions of the Powershell Command. Dism and sfc, Reset app, etc. My Restore Points got deleted accidentally.

WSRestore.exe results in "You will need a new app to open this MS-Windows-Store". What 'new app' and how do I get it?

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The only way to restore the store app is to reinstall windows

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2023 Views 28,178 Applies to: