Can't uninstall or install Minecraft windows 10, nor can I uninstall Microsoft store.

My minecraft for windows 10 won't update fully to the next version for the nether update. It's also in a weird state as it almost acts like it doesn't exist in my pc. I can search it up in the windows bar, but I cannot actually uninstall no matter how long I wait. In the microsoft store it acts like it's not installed, but when I click install it tells me something went wrong on their end and to try again later. I've been trying for a week now but nothing happens. I just want to reinstall minecraft for windows 10 to try and fix the update issue, considering I can't update it through the windows store because it acts like I don't have it installed. This might be an issue with the fact that I got the game through the fact that I owned it before Microsoft bought minecraft, so they gave me a free edition. I'm at my wits end trying anything to delete or reinstall, but even powershell can't find the data to Minecraft to delete it. I try through the app manager and it simply closes when I try to open app settings for windows store and Minecraft doesn't even show up. TLDR; don't know why my minecraft won't update, won't uninstall, and Microsoft store is acting like it's never been installed but won't let me install it.
Hi Charles,

I'm an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products just like you.

Did you install Minecraft using Microsoft Store before? Or is it installed using a separate installer?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not 100% where I installed it from as it was over a year ago, but I know for a fact that I had to use a code to install it and I'm pretty sure it was from the Microsoft Store.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reset MS Store.

Close MS Store.
Press Windows key + R
Type WSReset.exe the hit Enter/OK
A command prompt will open without any message. Wait for the command prompt to close, and Microsoft Store app will automatically open.

Check if the issue is solved.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same issue, repairing the windows store, through the command prompt, gave the same error. When trying to install Minecraft I get 

"Turn on Windows Update

Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings.

Code: 0x80070422"

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same error. Really frustrating

Anyone have a fix yet? Might just pursue refund, I threw 30minutes at this to no avail

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi this is Fel, I was a microsoft agent but now I am an indpendent advisor and a user of Windows like you.

There are many possible reasons why you are unable to download Minecraft for Windows 10 on your PC. There is a possibility that the license of the game did not reflect right away on your account or you are logged in to a different profile. To resolve your concern, you may need to reset the Windows Store to clear the store cache. You may follow the steps below:

Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.       

Click on Command prompt (Admin).       

Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.       

Make sure that you are logged in to the account that you used to purchase the game. You can also try to sign out and sign in to the Windows Store again to refresh your profile.

To download the game:

Launch Windows Store and click on the profile icon at the top right of the page.

Go to My Library and download Minecraft for Windows 10.

If you are still unable to download the game, you may open the Xbox App and go to  My Games.

Download the game there. If the game is not available, click on Find games in the Store.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post anytime.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

no, none of this works. MS store app wont even open. Cant uninstall Minecraft (error 0x80073d23) Wasted hours  last night and several this morning. WHY must microsoft suck all the time?????

58 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 9,559 Applies to: