Windows 10 Store problem

I have tried all the recommended fixes and still can not download 2 APPS on my desktop computer. It has an AMD Athlon II X4 640 processor with 4GB of memory and a 64-bit operating system. The APP Store downloads without a problem to my tablet but on the desktop the APPS are "Starting download" now for a couple of weeks.

These are the first apps that I have tried to install on the desktop. Is the problem the age of the machine or what?

Windows updates are being installed as received - the latest was KB3176493 on 8/10/2016.

When can I expect a fix that will solve the download problem?

Hi Hazel,

I regret the inconvenience you are facing with Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I would like to the information below.

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to fix the issue?
  • Which are 2 applications you are trying to install?
  • Which is the build installed on the computer?

If you have incorrect Date and Time being set on your computer, you’ll have issues installing applications from Windows Store. You may even receive a message: The time setting on your PC might be incorrect. Go to PC settings, make sure the date, time, and time zone are set correctly, and then try again. So make sure you have the correct date, time. You can change it from Regional Settings from the Control Panel.

I would suggest you to sync the Windows store license.

If the licensing on the Windows Store is not synced properly, you will not be able to install apps on your computer. To manually sync it:

• Go to Windows Store.
  • Press Windows Key + C .
  • Open Settings.
  • Select App Updates.
  • Sync Licenses.

As the initial step, I suggest you to try the steps below.

Step 1: Check for system requirements for the apps you are trying to install.

if the issue still persist, suggest you to install the Anniversary update and check if the issue persist.

Step 2: Update your system to Anniversary update (Version 1607 build 14393).

Refer the link below, how to update Windows 10 to Anniversary update using Windows Updates.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-anniversary-update/1c2cfe83-283f-453e-baba-e28e164db4d6

Also, refer the link below for further assistance:

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/apps-and-windows-store/cant-find-or-install-windows-store-apps?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Please try these methods and let us know the status. Feel free to write us back in case you face any issue with windows in future.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I ran as the Administrator,  the Windows WSRESET from both the 32 bit and 64 bit libraries. I checked inetcpl.cpl  everything was set correctly. I did not add a new user since family controls were never set.

I might want to "restore system files and settings" but I'll probably just get upset next time I need to look at a system file.

In your instruction to:

• Select App Updates.
  • Sync Licenses.

There is no option to sync licenses - just an on/off switch to automatically update the Store.

I am trying to reload M/S Solitaire Collection and MyRadar. MyRadar loaded without a problem to my Tablet. I deleted the Solitaire Collection when I was trying to move it several months ago.

My current status for Windows 10 is :

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3173428)

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493)

Installed on 18 August.

The only place that I see "build" with Windows is at the top of the UPDATE HISTORY PAGE where it asks me if I want to "uninstall latest preview build".

What are the benefits of the Windows 10  Anniversary build? My latest Windows 10 update was 18 August - isn't that the latest and greatest set of fixes?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2023 Views 1,207 Applies to: