Since the recent big Windows (Anniversary) update, I can't update or install new apps on Windows Store. The error code that appears is 0x8004e10e. The existing apps (e.g. Calculator, Photos, Calendar etc) all have updates that won't work, and all close immediately upon opening them.
On trying to open an app, I get the same error code in the Event Viewer -
...failed with error: Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e10e See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
- Checking for more Windows updates.. there are none.
- A system restore to before the Anniversary update, but I got a message saying it couldn't complete the restore.
- Running the Windows Apps Troubleshooter (Appsdiagnostic10 file). It made me create a hotmail account, then it reset the cache. Didn't help.
- Running /sfc scannow but it showed no problems.
- Running wsreset.exe but it didn't change anything.
- Manually resetting the calculator (Settings->System->Apps & Features->Calculator->Advanced->Reset). No change.
- Creating a new user account. No change.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
in an elevated command prompt. No problems found and no change.