"Check your internet connection and try again" Windows 10 Store error window.

Original Title: Windows Store does not connect to the Internet!

Apparently I can't connect any of my Windows 10 apps to the internet.First I noticed a problem with Groove music,and I thought it was just that app,but then when I tried to load store to see if I could update it,I noticed store wasn't working too.Now I'm using a local account,and I personally think there must be a sync problem.I checked all the sync settings and they were in place.What do I do since I can't connect to store,and can't play any of my songs on Groove music,wich is pitty because I really like that app.

Please help me resolve this!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Redon,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, are you able to access internet to browser online?

The above issue may occur you may face the above issue due to the following reasons:

1. Presence of missing or corrupted app/system files and folders.
  2. Corrupted user profile.
  3. Changes made to the app/system settings.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix the same to enhance the performance of the system. Run Windows apps troubleshooter to check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Method 2: If the issue persists, reset the store cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Resetting Windows store will clear, and empty the cache without changing account settings or deleting the installed apps. It is usually located in the %SYSTEM% folder in the PC.

1. Open Run command by pressing Windows Key + R.
  2. Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.
  3. Open Windows Store and check if the app can now be installed/purchased on your device.

Write to us with the answer to the above question and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok,now that was kind of helpful,but the problem is that I don't have an microsoft account to sync my settings.Is there any other way to make the apps work without having a synced microsoft account?

Because I tried logging in my account,but unfortunately the internet doesn't seem to work on any of windows 10's core apps.Can you suggest any alternative solution?

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

And yes by the way,I can connect to the internet on my browser as eviendence of my screenshot that I sent.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Redon,

Thanks for replying with the status of the issue.

Logging in using a Microsoft account with administrator privileges will let you access all of the Windows delightful features like Cortana (your new personal assistant), Spotlight feature, download apps and games from Windows Store and many more on your PC.

Apps from Windows Store can be downloaded and launched on the PC only when you are signed in into a Microsoft account. If you are not signed in using a Microsoft account, you will not be able to access and download any apps from Windows Store.

If you do not have, create a Microsoft account from the link and convert your current account to a Microsoft account by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
  2. Click Accounts and under Your emails and accounts click on sign in with a microsoft account instead option.
  3. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Sign in.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a Microsoft account,but I can't log in to that account,because internet isn't accesible by any of the apps currently installed by windows 10.

What if I don't want to enjoy Cortana,can't I at least have the right to use the other apps without being subjected to create or log in to an existing account of microsoft.For god's sake I'm using Windows10,what difference does it make to have an account logged in?

Online accounts are vonurable,while local accounts are more menagable.Please can you direct me to a solution where I can use all the Windows 10 features without logging in to a account?

Thanks!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

what happens when I try to connect to another microsoft account:

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Redon,

Thanks for replying.

You can access Windows Store to download and use the apps only on logging in into the Microsoft account on your PC. It is not possible to access, download or use the apps on the computer logging in using a Local user account.

Since you are unable to connect to Microsoft account, run Microsoft account troubleshooter and check for any errors on the PC which is causing the above issue.

Running the Microsoft Account troubleshooter will check if there is any corruption in the Microsoft account you are trying to login or sync with and will correct the corrupted parameters on the PC.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for being this anoying,because this isn't the only community where I'm asking for help about my problem.Now I want to log in on my account,but unfortunately none of my apps,nor email,maps,news,weather can't access internet,even though I have a current wifi connection.Could you please tell me how to log in my microsoft account without internet,or tell me a way to connect to the internet!!!

I'm getting so anoyed,I might as well turn back to Windows 7 or Ubuntu.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Redon,

Thanks for the update. We regret the inconvenience you are facing on the PC.

Please reply to a few more questions for understanding the issue better:

1. Are not able to access internet at all on your PC (on browsers as well)?
  2. If yes, did you check if you are able to access internet on using a wired connection?

If haven’t tried, connect via wired connection and check if you are able to access internet on the computer.

If you are able to connect via wired connection, update the wireless network adapter drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Device manager from the context menu.
  2. Expand Network adapters and locate the wireless network adapter in the window.
  3. Right click on the wireless adapter and select Update this software from the context menu.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
  5. After the software update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible network adapter drivers from the manufacturer’s website for Windows 10 and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on Fix network connection issues:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Thank you.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1.I can access internet on all browsers except Microsoft Edge and other Windows apps.I currently use Chrome and Firefox,and on occasion even Opera,and it works fine on these browsers.

2.I did tried a wired connection,but had the same results.Tried to log onto my microsoft account via wired connection,but it kept telling me that I needed internet to do so and to retry later.(it's been this way for a month or so,I diidn't had any problems then,I could acces all the built in apps like groove music even without internet)

3.All network drivers were up to date.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 13,421 Applies to: