Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225

Hello, i have a big issue... I bought new computer component(motherboard, ram, cpu) I have installed Windows 7 home premium on my harddrive and i wanted to install windows 10 pro for my new build. When i enter bios i boot from the usb drive with windows 10 on. i get to choose between windows 10 (64bit) and windows 10 (32bit) And it starts to download then i get this message up.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change mght be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. insert your windows installation disc and restart you computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click next

3. Click repair you computer

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: /windows/system32/booot/winload.exe

info: the application or operating system couldnt be loaded beacuse a required file is missing or contains errors.

My first issue is that i can't choose '' repair your computer'' beacuse i never get that option. it only goes from the site i can choose between the two windows types to the message. Does anoyne have any solutions?

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2019 Views 802 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, SindreGustavsen

I recommend you first backup your files.

You will download the file "MediaCreationTool.exe", which you must run on your computer with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 that you plan to update. After accepting the license, the application will ask you what you want to do. Choose the Update this equipment option now and click on Next.

By doing so, the application will start downloading Windows 10. The process may take a few minutes. When finished, the application will guide you through different windows asking you different things about the update, such as the type of Windows 10 you want or what files from your computer you want to keep.

Once you have everything ready you will arrive at the window where it tells you that you have everything ready to install, and you will only have to press Install to start the update process. When you do, your new Windows 10 will be preactivated with a license that is only valid for your computer. Remember that for this to work your Windows 7 or 8.1 must have an original license.

https://windows-10-media-creation-tool.en.uptod...

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there any other way to do it? I can't come inn to windows. I only come to the bios mode so i need to boot it from there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you try making the media again? It looks like a case of corrupt Setup media.
Sumit
Available 6 PM - 8 AM Pacific Standard time

Visit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum for feedback

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/your-pc-needs-to-be-r...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Helping Windows users, since 2010 · Please remember to mark replies as answers, if they helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

oh ok I understand, well you have to look for a borrowed computer and download the "hirensbootcd", I'll leave the links below, then you create the CD or USB you have to backup your personal files.

You could also check to see if there are some sectors of the hard drive damaged.
After you correct the damaged sectors you can enter with Windows Virtual and backup your files and then reinstall Windows

Take a look to the following link, there is a step by step guide

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/hirens-boot-cd-al...
https://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Process:
1. Enter your USB drive or CD
2. Enter Dos Programs
3. Enter Hard Disk tools
4. Enter HDAT2 4.53 (Test/Repair Bad Sector)
5. Then auto & choose your keyboard United states (or wait it will do automatically here)
6. Press Enter & Press Drive level tests menu
7. Enter Check and Repair bad sectors
8. And now it will start, it takes a lot of time, so wait until it finished.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Sorry this didn't help.

What media? Like the the usb stick has a corrupt file on it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You "MIGHT" be getting this error because the flash drive is trying to load on a UEFI Bios machine, and your new MB is not set for that... Or vice versa...

Try using the BOOT OPTIONS at the POST screen... This usually requires hitting F9,F11, F12, ESC... Manufacturers use different keys...

Look for your flash drive... It should be listed twice...

Once as USB Flash Drive (as an example), and again as a UEFI USB Flash Drive...

Choose the one suited for your Bios settings... Or change your Bios settings...

To determine how your old OS was installed, look on the hard disk for a small "EFI" partition that is formatted FAT32... If it is there, you were running UEFI Bios... If it is not, you were running Legacy...

It is also possible that, as mentioned, your flash drive is corrupt... I have read many reports of brand new Windows 10 installation Flash Drives having corruption... If it was not purchased, and you made it yourself, there is the old saying that "Stuff Happpens"...

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't understand all of that with the ''hirenbootcd'' thing. Am i supposed to take a new usb stick and extract it to that stick, and then put the stick with hirenbootcd in my new computer?

Sorry this didn't help.

my harddrives are empty... i created a raid on them to empty them, so there is no OS on them.

Sorry this didn't help.

You have to borrow a computer and do all these steps that I indicated earlier

Sorry this didn't help.