Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate

I have downloaded and tried to install Windows 10 on my desktop several times. The "copying files" goes on for some time and when complete the system reboots. After reboot, the system thinks for a while and then reboots again. After a couple of seconds, I get the message "Attempting to recover installation" and then quickly goes to "Restoring your previous version of Windows." After the restoration process back to Win 7 I checked the update status and it indicates Error Details: Code 80242014 and then Windows Update Error 0x80070057, followed by "2015-08-01-T-07_59_40P. Looking at some of the help information it was suggested I try to download to an iso file and try to install from that. I enter in the required parameters and click Ok. I then get the very informational message that "Something happened" followed by 0x800704DD-0x90016. Can anyone please assist me with this issue? I sure would appreciate anyone who can!

Regards.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2019 Views 2,682 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Refer the wiki article by Andre Da Costa with regards to  How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails

This should help fix the issue and get you up and running on Windows 10.

Thank you

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.