Windows 10 setup boot loader is stucking

I am trying to install Windows 10 on my laptop but, despite of Win 7 or Win 8.1 that are running fine, it stucks in the moment the setup is booting and after few seconds when the SSD is running it stops doing anything. This is happening if I'm trying the Win 7/8.1 upgrade to Win 10 or if I'm running the setup of a Win 10 x64 Enterprise or Pro on DVD (used to install Win10 successfully on a PC).

That's all I get after the upgrade reboot or clean setup installation.  

Both previous mentioned OS-es run perfect on my laptop.

Out of the standard configuration I'm using a Kingston V300 480GB SSD and a 4GB RAM extension but this doesn't change the situation cause I replaced that additional RAM memory and used the original laptop's HDD and RAM but I got no improvements.
Any advice from here doesn't seems to add any improvement.

Is it something else that I can do, out of buying other laptop or hoping that someday Microsoft will provide a better OS setup boot loader?

Question Info

Last updated June 2, 2018 Views 1,723 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to boot the computer. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.
b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, 
I am afraid I was not correctly understood.
I have the latest.ISOs from my MSDN Subscription and I used a colleague .ISO that was used to install successfully on other computers, but nothing was doing right on my laptop.

Despite of any Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 with the Windows 10 setup after boot I get only one step (what you see in my picture) and nothing more. So I cannot do any "Windows repair" or "Install Windows" phase. I don't know if it's possible to collect some logging data from that setup phase (during the boot phase). Let me know if I can collect some data for you (thinking to some kind of F8 or how to have access to some logging phase on that setup boot phase).

Even if it's not my case, reading this article where is specifying "For 64-bit installations, a small number of older PCs may be blocked from installation because they do not support CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF", I tried a x86 .ISO but I got the same situation.

Imho, there is something wrong within the setup boot loader and this causes the setup to stuck.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

So, no solution and no more involvement from Microsoft side to improve the Windows 10 experience?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience that you are currently facing with regards to your update. Listed below are links which you can refer to resolve the issue you are facing. You can follow the suggestions by and check if it helps.

Steps to follow when Windows 10 setup fails:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-a-list-of-things-to-do-if-windows-10-setup/eba3c864-d9fe-4f8e-9468-81b1f89473ed

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-troubleshoot-common-setup-and-stop-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683  

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.  

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-a-list-of-things-to-do-if-windows-10-setup/eba3c864-d9fe-4f8e-9468-81b1f89473ed

Troubleshooting for windows 10: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-troubleshoot-common-setup-and-stop-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
It seems it's a common issue for Samsung laptops and the problem is generated by the Wifi card. I already ordered a brand new Wifi card that should work and I will let you know if it works.

Anyhow, having in consider that there were no issues with the original Wifi card within Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1 please take in consider a backward compatibility issue within Windows 10 boot loader.

Sorry this didn't help.

The solution in my case was buying a brand new Atheros AR5B22 WiFi card and replacing the old WiFi card with that.
The conclusion is that that backward compatibility issue of Windows 10 really exists.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for updating us on the status of the issue.

Let us know if you get any issue in windows , we will be happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Of-course I will contact you if there is something I cannot fix it.
In the meantime, please get in consider that backward compatibility issue that is specific to Windows 10 only.

Regards,

Silviu

Sorry this didn't help.