Windows 10 loops at lock screen

I've tired upgrading twice now. Both times, it seems to complete, but when it gets to the lock screen, it loops. The screen flashes grey several times, goes dark, and returns me to the lock screen. It will accept commands slowly, letting me get to the password screen, enter it, and even appear to begin loading, but loops back to the lock screen without finishing. I have managed to boot in safe mode, it seems to load fine. Startup repair finds nothing wrong. Help?

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2019 Views 2,557 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it works:

This issue may cause due to corruption in system files while upgrading Windows. I suggest you to restart the computer, remove any external plugged in devices (except mouse, keyboard, and internet connection) and check if issue persist.

If issue persist kindly follow the below given steps and check if it works

• Try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager. Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window (File>new task>Type CMD>check run as admin> ok).
  • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Close the Command prompt and check if issue persist.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.