Windows 10 creators update error 0x8007001f

I am having issues updating my HP Elite 8300.  I have Windows 10 Pro 64 working on this machine, and had no issues upgrading to it.  However I am trying to update to Creator's Upgrade, and keep getting the error message "unable to update - - error 0x8007001f.   I have read through multiple posts, and tried almost everything suggested.  Here's what I have tried - 

1.  Used upgrade assistant to update PC.  It gets to around 80%, then shuts down, stating the installation cannot continue, citing error code 0x8007001f

2.  Downloaded the ISO, and tried to install it there - I get the message "unable to determine if there is enough disk space to install Windows 10"

3.  Downloaded it onto a flash drive - same results

4.  Enabled the Administrator account, and tried these again - same results.

Now I know my unit is compatible as I have 3 of these towers that are virtually identical.  They all have the same processor, hard drive, and, although they have different video cards, both the cards are Windows 10 compatible.   The other 2 updated to creator's update with no issues (heck, I just got hru updating a Dell laptop and a Lenovo ThinkPad to creator's update with no issues at all).   I can't figure out why this is being so obtuse.  I ensured that I installed the latest software from Windows, Intel, and HP before attempting to do the upgrade, too (I didn't have to do that on the others?)

Almost all of the posts I have read have either not found an answer, or have found an answer that I have tried with no success.  

Answer
Answer

With the help of some HP techs, I was able to solve the problem - however I don't know if this will work for anyone - 

I had to update the BIOS to the latest version - this required me to download and install a "forced update" BIOS upgrade for my PC, as it wouldn't do a "manual" or "automatic" bios upgrade without showing errors.

Once that was done, I did a clean install of Windows 7, then went straight into an "update" to Windows 10 Creator's upgrade - Lo & Behold it worked - it is now running creator's upgrade with no issues - but I did have to do a clean install.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 29, 2020 Views 6,179 Applies to: