Windows 10 Creator update fails with code 0xc1900208

I own an HP Pavilion Notebook, running Windows 10 release 1607. This laptop has an AMD A10-8700P processor, 8 GB of RAM, and I installed a BIOS update rev 43 earlier. I started the Creator update installation on my own, downloading the windows 10 upgrade tool. The process runs along fine, downloading and verifying and installing, to the point where it asks to review my security settings, and then I see the message about clicking OK and more background stuff to do before the update is applied. Then I get the screen that says something went wrong, and the error code 0xC1900208 (no other code). I have tried a couple of things on the community board, like stopping the update service, renaming folders, and restarting the service. But I still get the same error. Any help would be appreciated. Sign me frustrated in North Las Vegas....

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer

The AMD A10-8700P Carrizo processor is not compatible with Windows 10 at this time. Microsoft is working with AMD on a fix that will be released a specified time. At this time, I would refrain from upgrading and periodically check HP's website to find out about compatibility

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update or Anniversary Update or Not

You should also follow Microsoft's advisory and upgrade only when offered through Windows Update:

Microsoft Slows Rollout of Windows 10 Creators Update based on Customer Feedback

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

41 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2019 Views 6,935 Applies to: