window 10 update for KB4074588 OS Build 16299.248 with error code 0x80070bc2

I have done everything that the Microsoft Computer has told me to do to correct this problem except the last one which is a clean install! None of them have worked. I did send an work order to my virus protection company. Will be waiting to hear back from them. Reason: It was said the some virus programs may not have been updated by them yet and should ask them!

This is the update in question put out on Feb. 13, 2018. Which is really new.

It is as follows:          (2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4074588))

I really do not understand this problem because this is the first time I have had a problem. The last time the system did an update it worked just find and that was just Successfully installed on ‎2/‎9/‎2018

Would ask Microsoft but they really make it hard to talk to them!

Hey thanks for the help from all that answered with the help! Now the problem has been solved a long time ago. Please stop trying to help anymore!

I am new to this and I did try and delete this but it said I could not because people have answered to me. As of 02/20/2018 is has been solved so stop trying to help me on this issue. Again it is solved! Thank you

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2019 Views 36,340 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

When installing manually, the installer reports that the update is already installed,

which is definitely not the case. With me only helped:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/getting-error-0x80070bc2-doing-cumulative-update/24e80681-eb22-4439-8677-638fce437186?page=7

Post from 5.February 2018

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

tried what you said and now get the same error message as with command prompt. 

If you are entering  sc.exe  you would not be seeing a message that starts with  Set-Content...   So, what is the exact message that you are seeing now?   Note that you could enter  sc.exe  -?   to see the syntax and help for the cmd shell's SC command.  You would be seeing an error message if you were not using an elevated shell (AKA running with Administrator authority).   You didn't show us the PowerShell window's title so it is possible that what you did show us is someone using a user level PowerShell command line which had only reached the  %windir%\System32  directory manually (instead of by getting that by starting a shell via right-click Run as Administrator, for example).

I see now that you are saying you are getting "Access denied".  The most likely reason is that you are not using an elevated shell.  However, it is also possible that you are being explicitly inhibited from using the  sc.exe config  command.  See what you get from  sc.exe  qc  trustedinstaller   instead.  That is just a query and would not require the authority to issue any changes; apparently it could even be done by a normal user, who knew?  At least it would verify if you could use the sc.exe command.

FYI

Robert

---

Thanks.  The query worked so I am not being blocked from the SC command.  This is what I got back

[SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

SERVICE_NAME: trustedinstaller
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        START_TYPE         : 2   AUTO_START
        ERROR_CONTROL      : 1   NORMAL
        BINARY_PATH_NAME   : C:\WINDOWS\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   : ProfSvc_Group
        TAG                : 0
        DISPLAY_NAME       : Windows Modules Installer
        DEPENDENCIES       :
        SERVICE_START_NAME : localSystem

I assume that this means that Auto start is already on.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.