I read a lot of messages upgrading to Win10 with this error (0x8007025D-0X2000C) and up today I still haven't found a solution.
Google/Microsoft replies didn't help but there are plenty so I may have missed something.
My results using Media Tool Creator for upgrading Win7 Ultimate to Win10:
- 3 Times - Tried upgrading directly under Win7 Ultimate -> Error: 0x8007025D-0X2000C
- 4 Times - Tried upgrading from a 8GB USB2.0 Flash -> Error: 0x8007025D-0X2000C
- 1 Time - Tried upgrading from iso burnt on DVD -> Error: 0x8007025D-0X2000C
- Windows 7 Ultimate French reinitialized and upgraded till 27/05/2018 -
Now I can't upgrade anymore and I get an error msg when trying
- Free space: 240 GB SSD Samsung 840 (firmware updated) with only Win7 Ultimate on 1 partition (+100MB partition created by Win7)
- USB Flash was formatted before downloading Win10
- I always cleaned the computer with CCleaner including registry
- Before upgrade deleted all files from "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download"
- Tried upgrading with and without checking for updates during Win10 installation
I would like to do a fresh install (deleting all partitions and creating only 1 when installing) but:
- How can I be sure that my Windows7 serial will work ?
- I found my serial but when inserting it in Win10 installation it was refused.
- How can I know if my serial is saved in the BIOS ?
Thank you in advance for your help because I get crazy as I had the same issue on a laptop with a brand new 240 GB SSD Samsung 860.
My config: HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-in-One Desktop PC / Intel Core i7-3770 / 8GB Ram / 240GB SSD