SOLVED: Win10 upgrade Issue - Repetitive Error 0x8007025D-0X2000C

Hi All,

I read a lot of messages upgrading to Win10 with this error (0x8007025D-0X2000C) and up today I still haven't found a solution.

Google/Microsoft replies didn't help but there are plenty so I may have missed something.

My results using Media Tool Creator for upgrading Win7 Ultimate to Win10:

- 3 Times - Tried upgrading directly under Win7 Ultimate -> Error: 0x8007025D-0X2000C

- 4 Times - Tried upgrading from a 8GB USB2.0 Flash -> Error: 0x8007025D-0X2000C

- 1 Time - Tried upgrading from iso burnt on DVD -> Error: 0x8007025D-0X2000C

• Windows 7 Ultimate French reinitialized and upgraded till 27/05/2018 - Now I can't upgrade anymore and I get an error msg when trying
  • Free space: 240 GB SSD Samsung 840 (firmware updated) with only Win7 Ultimate on 1 partition (+100MB partition created by Win7)
  • USB Flash was formatted before downloading Win10
  • I always cleaned the computer with CCleaner including registry
  • Before upgrade deleted all files from "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download"
  • Tried upgrading with and without checking for updates during Win10 installation

I would like to do a fresh install (deleting all partitions and creating only 1 when installing) but:

• How can I be sure that my Windows7 serial will work ?
  • I found my serial but when inserting it in Win10 installation it was refused.
  • How can I know if my serial is saved in the BIOS ?

Thank you in advance for your help because I get crazy as I had the same issue on a laptop with a brand new 240 GB SSD Samsung 860.

My config: HP Compaq Elite 8300 All-in-One Desktop PC / Intel Core i7-3770 / 8GB Ram / 240GB SSD

Hi Jose, if you previously had Windows 10 installed on that PC, then that PC will have a Digital Entitlement stored on the Microsoft Servers, you will not need a Product Key and as long as you install the same Edition (Home, Pro . . .etc.) as was previously installed Activation will not be a problem.

You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !

You must install by booting form the Installation Media in order to be able to skip entering a Product Key . . .

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

Make sure you install the same Edition of Windows 10 (Home, Pro . . . etc.) you previously had installed to avoid Activation issues

Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your message Dave.

This would be useful if I already had Win10 on the concerned computer, but as mentioned I am still under Win7 and the fact is that I can't solve the upgrade issue and I am not sure if I do a clean install, paying for a Win10 licence, that I will not have the same error during installation... This happened on my laptop, where I left Win7 and decided to forget about Win10.

Reason why I am asking before paying a Win10 licence as with an upgrade I would not pay and it should work.

Sorry this didn't help.

I continued yesterday to work on my issue. After having tried again various times to do a fresh install of Win10 Pro, via USB Flashdrive & DVD-ISO still impossible to install Win10 and error happens even faster but only: 0x8007025D.

So I decided to check the RAM because I read some advice on it and found out that 1x4GB were damaged so I removed them and could install fresh Win10 1803 in about 20 minutes !!!

It is really crazy that MS:

• Doesn't give precise information on error codes
  • How can we know that it is a material issue ?
  • Why this can not be noticed when using the computer ?
  • How can we find out if ram is damaged ?

By the way, I confirm I could install & activate a fresh Win10 with my previous registered Win7 Ultimate key.

My recommendation, instead of checking 98432 times software issues check first the material. It took less than 10 minutes to check the ram with the utility included in the bios compared to more than 12 hours focusing only on the installation (without counting the time spent on forums & google...)

Hope my post will help other users.

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2020 Views 1,942 Applies to: