Where can I get "Microsoft Print to PDF"???

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 computer that came with a program called "Microsoft Print to PDF."  I can print to PDF using other programs or save as PDF, but I want that specific program back.  It's definitely the exact program I want for certain functions I do, so please only answer about that.  I already have other options - Adobe & CutePDF and they work fine.  I want Microsoft Print to PDF.  When I called Microsoft for support they removed it.  I just want it back.  Where is it?  how can I download it?  Thx.

Answer
Answer

There are some different things you might have to do in later versions of Windows 10 in order to reinstall the Microsoft PDF Printer.

If you don’t see the Microsoft PDF Printer installed, make sure it is enabled and configured. Press Windows key + R then type: optionalfeatures.exe. Hit Enter on your keyboard, this will open the Turn Windows Features on or off component. Scroll down then check to make sure Microsoft Print to PDF is enabled.

If it is enabled and you still don’t see it in your list of available printers, try this:

Press Windows key + R, type: control then hit Enter. Open Devices and Printers and click Add printer. Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.

Click Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings then click Next

Select Use an existing port then click in the list box then select FILE: (Print to File)

Scroll down and select Microsoft under Manufacturer then scroll down and select Microsoft Print to PDF under Printers then click Next

Give the printer a name or leave the default, click Next. It should now appear as an available printer.

source: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/view-edit-print-create-pdf-files-forms-windows-10/

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

77 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2020 Views 88,311 Applies to: