Set Up Wizard

1. since the last my windows 10 update, set up wizard keep bothering me every 1 or 2 minute suggesting everything on my desktop especially when opening Microsoft edge. is it normal on windows 10 new update?

2. opening a specific site like blog etc. by microsoft edge always redirect to another site like facebook, online shop etc. and can't back to the first site. also keep opening automatically some add on a specific site.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you restarted a few times?

Does the same happen with Internet Explorer?  Type Internet Explorer in Start Search to right click result and Pin to Taskbar so you have it handy.  How about another browser like Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla?

Is this the inferior Upgrade install?  If so go over the Windows 10 Install Integrity Checklist.

Windows MVP 2010-2020 (ret).
Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 14 years.
Please notify me in my articles' Comments if a tutorial link is outdated or ads intrude.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

it happens everytime I open anything....like any browser, media player or any other application.....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Waiting for results of the steps I suggested.

You could be infected.  Start with the infection scans in Windows 10 Install Integrity Checklist,

then System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files - Microsoft Community up to 3 separate times if files remain irreparable, followed by the DISM commands if those didn't repair. 

Establish a Clean Boot and all of the other steps in Checklist. 

Please notify me in my articles' Comments if a tutorial link is outdated or ads intrude.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've run sfc 3 times and DISM, nothing found but somehow it caused my browser couldn't work, can't connect to the internet, I've tried troubleshoot and it said one of internet protocol is mising.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you disable network managing bloatware at startup? reconnect in System tray?

can you use Ethernet?

Try a System Restore.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't remember I disable the network managing bloatware, how to reconnect it?

by the way I've tried to manage the network learned from youtube tutorial video " fix one ore more missing network protocol ". but still can not fix the missing protocol issue.

I've try to reset my PC but failed to reset.

this network missing protocol is really killing me..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let us see the full lists in msconfig>Startup and >Services after ticking the box to Hide all MS Services.  You can take a picture or a screenshot to put on a stick and upload from another PC using the Attach Image button in reply box.

Did you try plugging in by ethernet cable to see if you can connect that way?

Did you right click the network icon in System tray to Troubleshoot?  What does it find?

What is the exact error when you try to Reset? 

Another repair that actually works better than any other is a Windows 7-style Repair Install.  First Create Windows 10 Installation Media as an .iso or flash/DVD media.  Then double click the ISO to mount it or open the media from Windows, right click the Setup file to Run as Admin, do an Upgrade over the existing OS.  You can choose to Save Everything to start, but if it fails then back up fully and choose to Save Nothing.

Since you'll have the media, you can then if necessary do the vastly superior Clean Install Windows 10 Upgrade which resolves all issues with the inferior Upgrade install that no tech enthusiast would run in the first place. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

when I try to restart it said "can not restart your PC" and "ask someone you trust to help on this" than there was an option "advance trouble shoot" and "restart  you PC". I choose the advance troubleshoot and "continue to windows 10" but nothing happened just  blank monitor and than the light continue turned on and turned off.

now I downloaded the creation tool and trying to use that, hope this could fix my PC. thank you for your help, I really appreciate that. I was confused, don't know what to do to fix my PC.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't see where you ever told us before that Windows will not start?  When did this happen, after doing what exactly?

Follow whichever method will work here for How To Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 or 10 .  Note that Method 1 will sometimes work pressing Ctrl+Alt-Del to access Power icon in corner, to then press Shift + click Restart. 

But without access to the OS you may need to Create Windows 10 Installation Media on another PC to boot using the BIOS Boot Menu Key, choose the boot device as a UEFI device if offered, then on second screen choose Repair Your Computer.

From the Troubleshoot options first try automated Startup Repair. 

If it won't then start  decide if you want to try to 1) fix what you have which at best is the inferior Upgrade install, 2) Go Back to Old OS, 3) rescue your files to do an automated Reset, or 4) do the vastly superior Clean install.  For choices 2,3,4 skip to the section after Safe Mode below.

To try to fix what you have choose Startup Settings, try to get into Safe Mode with Networking.

From Safe Mode w/Networking type Update in Start Search box to Check For and expedite Updates that may be critical but are taking their time to install, right click Start button to open Device Manager, import any missing or erroring drivers from the PC or Device's Support Downloads webpage.  How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

If Safe Mode is stable the problem is most likely drivers, but could also need disinfection, System file repair or repair of the image.  Most of the Upgrade problems seen are corruption passed from the old OS. 

Download, install, decline trial version, update, then run full scans with Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner.

Uninstall any bloatware anti-virus like Norton, McAfee, AVG or Avast, enable built-in Defender to test performance.  Use the special Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase.

Right click the Task Bar to open Task Manager, on Startup tab disable everything until your install stabilizes, then only restore those you know for sure you absolutely need starting with Windows – none of them really need to unless you want them. 

From the Advanced Options Command Prompt, or within Safe Mode accessing an Elevated Command Prompt,  Copy and Paste or type each of these commands, each followed by Enter:

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If it prompts for Sources file, mount or insert Windows 10 installation media, locate install.wim or .esd file in Sources folder, substitute it’s path in the following command (for example: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\Sources\Install.wim:1)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Full Path to install.wim file:1

(or)  Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:Full Path to install.esd file:1

sfc/ scannow

Exit

If at any time you are returned enough functionality but still have problems with an app then Troubleshoot problems with an app - Windows Help .

If Safe Mode doesn’t help stabilize things then return to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 or 10. Next try System Restore to a stable state, Command Prompt  to run above commands including sfc /scannow, Go Back to Old OS, or Reset Windows 10.

Better yet do the vastly superior Clean Install Windows 10  which will reactivate if the Upgrade has already activated, or in Fall Update Version 1511 can directly activate with the Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 Product Key (even if embedded) after install at Settings>Update and Security>Activation>Change Product Key.  Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help

At any time you can rescue your files, which should always be backed up externally if you value them, by booting into a Windows installation disk to Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console, a Linux disk, or Paragon Rescue Kit Free Edition File Recovery Wizard to copy files to USB flash stick or an external or another hard drive. 

If these fail and/or you decide to go back to your previous install you can try to run Factory Recovery from it’s hotkey at boot; find yours by googling the “PC make/model + Run Factory Recovery.”  If none then do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7 or Clean Install - Windows 8 deleting all partitions during the booted install using the Drive Options on the “Where do you want to Install Windows?” screen.

Feel free to ask back any questions and keep us posted on how it goes. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2020 Views 3,949 Applies to: